JAE5 finally returns with I Wish, another promising tune just in time for warmer days.
Known for consistently collaborating with the hottest talent out there, the Grammy-winning producer has enlisted Nigerian rising star Lojay and Cameroonian-American breakout songstress Libianca for his latest offering.
The producer, who is known for delivering some of the biggest hits in the UK and beyond, such as J Hus’ ‘Did You See’ and Dave and Burna Boy’s ‘Location’, took the leap to step into his own spotlight in 2021 by releasing his debut single ‘Dimension’ ft. Skepta and Rema. Last year, he then followed up with the summer hit ‘Propeller’ ft. Dave and BNXN.
With the chorus affirming that ‘I wish I poured all my love on you’ and lyrics such as ‘It’s been so difficult to ease up when you’re gone/ It’s a little rough, so I had to write a song’, ‘I Wish’ is a poignant yet captivating track that reflects the longing to have cherished and the desire for a second chance.
Kicking off with JAE5’s spellbinding signature afrobeat-infused production, Lojay’s effortlessly soothing vocals immediately draw listeners into a world of bliss.
Taking over the second verse, Libianca complements the Nigerian star with her truly mesmerising voice floating over the laid-back beat before both artists join the chorus in conjunction.
With the new release, JAE5 has once again proved his ability to create timeless hits and claim his status as one of the UK’s most coveted producers.
Taking home the award for ‘Best Producer’ at the 2020 MOBO Awards and ‘Best Producer’ at the 2021 Grammy Awards, the East-London producer has been famed for his genre-bending style of infusing Afrobeats, hip-hop, bashment and dubstep sounds into his production.
With 4 UK Top 10 singles and 10 UK Top 40s under his belt, JAE5 is the mastermind behind the scenes of some of the UK’s biggest hits, including J Hus’ 2017 platinum-selling debut album ‘Common Sense’ and also the rapper’s Number 1 Gold second album ‘Big Conspiracy’.
Having worked with some of the biggest international names out there such as French Montana, Future, Koffee, Popcaan, Wizkid, Burna Boy, Sam Smith, Anne Marie, Mark Ronson, Jess Glyne, Dave and much more, JAE5 decided to jump into his own spotlight in 2021 by releasing his highly anticipated debut single ‘Dimension’featuring Skepta and Rema, which he followed up with ‘Propeller’ featuring Dave and BNXN last year.
With much more music to come, we can only expect his trajectory to skyrocket from here onwards.
- Music Review: M.anifest pays homage to 50 years of hip-hop with freestyle
- Kwahu-Nkwatia Nkosuohene receives peace ambassador award
- Ghana’s wake-up call to the 2023 SDG Summit: The urgent need to double-up efforts for Agenda 2030
- National anthem fills the air as police blocks #OccupyJulorbiHouse protestors again
- We truly voted for a dictator – Efia Odo on #OccupyJulorBiHouse arrests
- #OccupyJulorbiHouse: Celebrities should stop being cowards and show up – Efia Odo
- Why Kenya’s Eliud Kipchoge chose the Berlin Marathon to prepare for the Paris Olympics
- Vodafone Director calls on SMEs to seize opportunities at upcoming Business Runway event
- FIFA and United Nations Industrial Development Organization meet to discuss collaboration opportunities
- Fuse ODG gets romantic in new single; releases ‘3eak a.m (Waistline)’
- Kotoko is building, so fans should be patient and support – Emmanuel Agyemang-Badu
- ‘Cannabis muffins’ given to 90 schoolchildren in South Africa
- Limited Voter Registration: EC assures all eligible voters will be registered
- Ghana’s economy not yet on a recovery path – Prof. Mensah insists
- Over 5,000 people benefit from free health screening by Lifetime Wells Vision