Defender Jonathan Mensah has admitted the Black Stars need a miracle to secure a place at the 2018 FIFA World Cup in Russia.
Black Stars lost more ground on main rivals Egypt with a disappointing 2-0 lost against the Pharaohs in Alexandria despite playing very well.
Ghana failed to make their territorial dominance count as a goal in each half from AS Roma forward Mohammed Salah and Abdalla Saied secured vital victory for the Egyptians at the Borg El Arab stadium over the weekend.
The result has left Ghana needing wins in their remaining four games to qualify to Russia as they are now five and three points adrift Egypt and Uganda respectively.
‘’Yeah it’s very tough because we have one point, Egypt has six and Uganda has four points,’’
‘’But we have hopes because there is four more games left and we have to focus on winning game after game which will be tough,’’
‘’Egypt came to win and we also wanted to win but at the end they got the best. Ghana played very well but at the end of the game we didn’t win so it does not count’’
- Afenyo-Markin pleads for confirmation of ministerial nominees
- AFCON 2023Q: Antoine Semenyo nets last-ditch winner as Black Stars beat Angola
- I didn’t attend the seminary to become a Priest – Rev. Akua Boateng
- Get financing assurances from creditors, partners before Board approval – IMF to Ghana
- Ashaiman invasion: We have been commended for ridding town of criminals – DG of Armed Forces Public Affairs
- Ghana power firms reject move to restructure $1.4bn debt
- 3 die, 8 go blind as FDA cautions against certain eyedrop brands
- AFCON 2023Q: Benching Andre Ayew was my choice – Chris Hughton
- Ghana is not poor, we are only being poorly managed – Dr. Ali-Nakyea
- Organ-trafficking Nigerian politician, wife found guilty
- Livestream: Parliament to vote on Akufo-Addo’s ministerial appointees
- Attack on Golden Star Wassa: Company suspends operation at Benso site
- After standoff and brief suspension, Parliament regroups to vote on new appointees
- Black Stars Playbook: The Stars struggle to align in Chris Hughton’s first game
- NPP using ‘useless’ tactics to delay voting on ministerial nominees – Murtala Mohammed
- How to look chic and modest in a scarf
- Medikal raps better than most of the female rappers except me – Eno Barony
- I wanted something that reflected Africa – Sheryl Lee Ralph on why she wore kente to NAACP
- ICGC’s CT Praise to drop ‘Lala Dance Medley’ ahead of The Encounter album
- Pregnant mother’s death in Oti Region island community sparks healthcare concern
- Esmond Quansah: Lead pollution, Ghana’s ticking time-bomb
- Support Ghana’s efforts to restore debt sustainability – IMF to bilateral creditors
- We’re making progress towards securing a deal with China – Ofori-Atta
- Chamber of Mines appeals to government to protect mining firms
- Minority MPs oppose approval of 2 Supreme Court Justice nominees