Kanye West directed a racial slur at Trevor Noah after the host of “The Daily Show” called the rapper out for “harassing” Kim Kardashian amid their divorce.
“All in together now… K–n baya my lord k–n baya K–n baya my lord K–n baya Oooo’ lord K–n baya,” West captioned a screenshot from a Google search result — describing Noah as a “South African comedian” — in a post shared to Instagram on Wednesday.
West, 44, was mocking Noah, 38, by using the offensive “k–n” slur to replace the original lyrics in “Kumbaya.”
The rapper’s controversial post came after Noah addressed the ongoing drama between West and Kardashian and her new boyfriend Pete Davidson on his Comedy Central show Tuesday night. He at one point called West “belligerent.”
“What [Kardashian is] going through is terrifying to watch, and it shines a spotlight on what so many women go through when they choose to leave,” Noah said on “The Daily Show.”
“What we’re seeing is one of the most powerful, one of the richest women in the world, unable to get her ex to stop texting her, to stop chasing after her, to stop harassing her.”
Noah compared the situation to his own experience of witnessing abuse. He recalled the time people thought his mother, Patricia, was “overreacting” before being shot in the head by his stepfather. Patricia miraculously survived the attempted murder.
“As a society, we have to ask ourselves questions. Do we wish to stand by and watch a car crash when we thought we saw it coming?” Noah asked his audience.
Throughout the show, Noah reflected on West’s continuous social media tirades, in which he’s been bashing the Skims founder and making claims that she is keeping him from seeing their four children: North, 8, Saint, 6, Chicago, 4, and Psalm, 2.
Kardashian, 41, previously denied West’s claims, writing on Instagram, “Please stop with this narrative, you were just here this morning picking up the kids for school.”
West also set off alarm bells when he sent Kardashian a truckload of roses on Valentine’s Day, despite the reality TV star being in a relationship with Davidson.
The KKW Beauty mogul started dating the “Saturday Night Live” star, 28, last fall after she filed to divorce West in February 2021. Since then, she’s called out West for publicly dragging her and posting threatening messages about Davidson.
“Divorce is difficult enough on our children and Kanye’s obsession with trying to control and manipulate our situation so negatively and publicly is only causing further pain for all,” Kardashian said in a statement in February.
Kardashian was declared legally single earlier this month.
- Scores of residents displaced, others trapped as Weija, Oblogo and Tetegu flood
- Mankessim murder: We didn’t commit crime with mason; he only dug hole for burying a victim – Chief
- Watch Daddy Lumba break down his hit song ‘Yene Wo Sere Kwa’
- NSMQ 2022 launched; fixtures for preliminary stage released
- Exclusive photos: Hundreds rendered homeless at Ashalaja
- ‘I have unfinished business with Black Stars’ – Milovan Rajevac
- I am still receiving threats from people on social media – KiDi
- Kwesi Yankah: Dear Ace Ankomah, the Birim River is gone
- The viral lynching that was to end Nigeria’s mob justice
- Pay compensation to affected customers – PURC orders ECG
- While others mocked me, Seidu Agongo offered to help – Kofi Amoabeng
- Ghana Hotels Association to break away from Ghana Tourism Federation￼
- President’s son loses army post after Twitter spree
- Nigeria ad regulator sues WhatsApp owner for $70m
- Ghana’s cocoa not banned – EU Ambassador
- Somalia drought: So weak from hunger she couldn’t bury her child
- Journalists urged to build regional cooperation in the fight against human trafficking
- Galamsey fight: Akufo-Addo won’t declare a state of emergency – Dr. Norman
- No firm without license will operate cybersecurity service from 2023 – Bawumia
- Our leaders are either complicit or incompetent – Ken Ashigbey on galamsey
- Agenda 111 is making up for a 60year gap in access to healthcare facilities across Ghana – Bawumia
- I’m not expecting much from Hearts of Oak in Africa because of inconsistency – Amankwa Mireku
- A state of emergency is long overdue – Kofi Bentil on galamsey
- Elon Musk Twitter deal back on in surprise U-turn
- Police on manhunt for man flogging toddler in viral video