Washington, Rapper Kanye West is now a billionaire thanks largely to the basketball shoes bearing his name that he developed with Adidas, Forbes magazine said Friday.
The rough figure of the wealth of Kim Kardashian’s hubby is $1.3 billion, the magazine said in announcing the musician is now on its list of people worth at least $1 billion.
The 42-year-old, Chicago-born rapper’s Yeezy footwear often sells for more than $200 a pair in the United States and elsewhere.
West was associated with Nike for years but broke away in 2013, lending his name to Adidas as they launched their first shoe together in 2015.
Forbes said that for years West has been pressing the magazine to be listed as one of its mega-rich but that it declined, for lack of proof.
The magazine said tongue in cheek that for years it had applied what it called the Trump rule to West: “take whatever the future president insisted he was worth, divide by three, and start honing from there.”
- Peter Nanfuri’s name will be written in gold in Ghana’s history – Akufo-Addo eulogizes former IGP
- Supreme Court dismisses land ownership claim by Teshie family
- Playback: Akufo-Addo addressed Ghanaians on Covid-19, IMF
- Independent Power Producers reject government bid to restructure $1.58bn debt
- ‘This too has passed’ – Akufo-Addo on Covid-19 pandemic
- IMF bailout won’t immediately end Ghana’s difficulties – Akufo-Addo
- Attorney General asks Speaker to declare Assin North seat vacant
- Cattle and sheep easier to control than Nigerians – Buhari
- Legon Cities drag Hearts of Oak into relegation dogfight
- Let’s unite to remove E-levy, Covid-19 levy – Ablakwa urges MPs
- Eastern Region: FDA steps up training for packaged water producers
- Renowned Economist Dr. Joe Abbey is dead
- UK Minister commits to supporting green finance across Africa
- Cues and Lyrics: TM Musiq adjudged judges’ favourite; Udiene goes home
- Prohibition of dividend payments by banks could last for 2 years – Senior Finance Lecturer
- ‘Let’s deepen TVET training to create employment’ – Ignatius Baffour Awuah
- Ghana branded ambulance found in Dubai in viral video not for sale – National Ambulance Service
- JUSAG suspends strike for 2 weeks
- ‘Kyenkyen bi adi me awu’; one of Ghana’s most sampled songs
- MTN proposes new shares in dividend payment to shareholders for 2022 profits
- NPP flagbearer race: Ignore the sponsored polls – Afriyie Akoto to his supporters
- Burna Boy performs with Black Sherif at Afro Nation Miami
- Ghanaians should not have any huge expectations of President Akufo-Addo – Haruna Iddrisu
- Brig. Gen. Dan Frimpong (Rtd): I am going to prison on Wednesday!
- Pursue aggressive fiscal reforms in the 2023 mid-year budget – Terkper to government