Kanye West has lost his fifth divorce attorney as reported by TMZ amid his separation from Kim Kardashian, which finally has a trial date set for later this year.
As reported by Rolling Stone, his former lawyer Samantha Spector was relieved from the case on Friday after she requested such from Los Angeles County Judge Steve Cochran in May.
She cited a breakdown in communication as the reason behind the request, leaving Ye without representation in the divorce proceedings.
The former couple were declared legally single in March, but they’ve yet to reach a settlement in regards to their wealth and four children together.
“We’ve been ready for quite a while,” said Kim’s lawyer Laura Wasser, who noted that her client wanted the trial date set this year. “I actually have a stipulated judgment drafted. I’m just trying to get someone to pay attention to me.”
Laura Wasser added that the two parties in the divorce “are getting along” and are communicating, although they are still seeking Kanye’s “declaration of disclosure” in order to close the case. Preliminary financial disclosures were filed by Kim’s legal team in November, whereas Kanye has yet to do so.
Divorce proceedings are set to go to trial on December 14, but if more evidence and witnesses are required the case will go to a different courtroom.
Judge Cochran requested that Laura Wasser ask Kanye to respond to the case by September 30, and the trial will go ahead if he fails to respond.
“We’d like the parties to try to settle the case and arrive at a stipulated judgment, if possible, and then be ready to have a trial on unresolved matters,” said Judge Cochran.
- Police arrest man flogging toddler in viral video
- Daddy Lumba opens up on being bedridden for over 5 years
- ‘Akufo-Addo must resign; he’s giving us too much headache’ – Kpebu
- Government increases cocoa price by 21% to ¢800 a bag
- Black Sherif releases ‘The Villain I Never Was’
- Ghana’s debt to GDP is not properly accounted for – Ato Forson
- Loans to become more expensive as BoG hikes policy rate to 24.5%
- Residents of Ashalaja sleep in kiosks as their homes remain flooded
- Nigerian oil export terminal had theft line into sea for 9 years
- Joy Learning facilitator Stella Gyimaah Larbi adjudged overall best teacher for 2022
- Cardiovascular diseases on the rise in Ghana; access to healthcare still a challenge – Report
- Power supply was curtailed to Weija, adjourning communities due to flood – ECG
- Nigeria Plans 15% Increase in Borrowing to Fund Record Deficit
- Government running Ghana as “a satellite state of international capital” – Martin Amidu
- Livestream: NDC holds presser on illegal mining
- Daniel Afriyie Barnieh to run down Hearts contract as he rejects new deal
- Increase price of bag of cocoa to ¢1,500 or we smuggle it – Farmers
- 281 artisans pass out as certified electricians in Ashanti region
- Government records fiscal deficit of 6.4% as of September 30, 2022 – BoG
- Brother stands in as groom skips wedding to train
- Cedi loses 37.5% in value to dollar as of September 30, 2022 – BoG
- 51 GrEEn SMEs receive over ¢1.3m total matching grant to expand their business
- Banks profit-before-tax grows 25.2% to ¢6.1bn
- Kanye West wants Jamie Foxx to play him in a movie
- Black Sherif’s ‘Soja’ debuts on Billboard’s US Afrobeats Chart