One of Ghana’s foremost scientists in the Covid-19 fight, Dr Angelina Augustina Sylverken, has been honoured by the Kwame Nkrumah University of Science and Technology (KNUST).
She picked up the Best Senior Member-Research and Grants during the College of Science Excellence Awards 2021.
Eighteen others also bagged different awards at the event.
The virologist and a senior research fellow at the Kumasi Centre for Collaborative Research (KCCR) lauded collaboration in her research activities.
She is urging other researchers to collaborate to find solutions to local problems.
“There’s no way you can conduct research all by yourself; collaboration is really important when it comes to research.
“In the country or locally, it’s essential to look for collaboration. Covid-19 has taught us that we need to come together as individuals or as a nation to find solutions to some of the local situations,” she said.
The virologist speaking on behalf of the awardees lauded the event organisers and promised to work harder.
“It’s always heart-warming to know that your hard work is recognised by being given an award. I thank the college of science and the university for acknowledging our hard work. This award means that we need to work hard and give our best,” she added.
- Bawumia, NPP and NDC bigwigs mourn with Jospong CEO
- Akufo-Addo’s travels have benefits, what about yours? – Presidency to Ablakwa
- IMANI Africa lists 10 challenges with National Cathedral
- Akufo-Addo’s Minister caught in conflict? – JoyNews investigations
- Ablakwa seeking to achieve prominence with negative attacks on Akufo-Addo – Presidency
- MTN FA Cup 2022: Hearts of Oak beat Bechem United to retain title
- Tiler gets 7 years for defilement; claims victim forced him to have sex with her
- Man found dead on a farm after going missing
- Presidential travels: We’re reaping the rewards of bitter seeds – Presidency on Ablakwa’s allegations
- Current government is tolerant – Asabee
Atwima Mponua Rural Bank increases profit margins by 100% in 4 years
DVLA defends position as best procurement institution in public sector
G7 summit: Leaders detail $600bn plan to rival China’s Belt and Road initiative￼
Cape Coast – Twifo Praso road to be closed today for repair works on Junkwa bridge
Intravenous Infusions announces increase in revenue of 9.6% for 2021 financial year
Interest payments to rise further as cost of borrowing increases
Today’s front pages: Monday, June 27, 2022
Government assesses impact of economic interventions from June 27
Akufo-Addo’s Minister caught in conflict? – JoyNews investigations
Current government is tolerant – Asabee
NPP Chairmanship race: I stand tall above the rest – Asabee
NPP Flagbearership race: I have not declared support for Bawumia – Asabee
Tiler gets 7 years for defilement; claims victim forced him to have sex with her
MTN FA Cup 2022: Hearts of Oak beat Bechem United to retain title
Playback: The Probe interviewed Asabeee on NPP Chairmanship race