The Paramount Chief and President of the Kwahu Traditional Council, Daasebre Akuamoah Agyapong II has been elected as Vice President of the Eastern Region House of Chiefs at their last meeting, held in Koforidua on October 5, 2020.
A statement from the Osonogyimah Palace, Kwahu, copied to the Ghana News Agency, said he would serve a four-year term.
The House also elected Konor Sakite II of Manya Krobo as the President to jointly ensure that all the litigations across the region were resolved.
The Eastern Region consists of 11 paramountcies and eight of them currently have no paramount chiefs due to various Chieftaincy disputes that has plagued the House over the right to succession, the statement said.
Other members of the House are; Okyehene, Akyem Bosomehene, Konor of Manya Klo, and Omanhene of New Juaben.
In his acceptance speech, Daasebre Agyapong II pledged to give off his utmost service to Okwahu, Eastern Region and the entire country.
- Nurse who was verbally abused by Ashanti Region NSS Boss no longer at Manhyia Hospital – GRNMA
- Moody’s downgrades Ghana to further junk status, warns investors could lose in debt restructuring
- NSS summons Ashanti Region boss for investigation
- Dubai’s ENOC denies gold-for-oil barter talks with Ghana
- “We’ve been tracking Mohammed Kudus for more than one year” – Barcelona Director
- Ronaldo receives $225m offer to play for Saudi Arabian club
- Why General Arts students are ‘bleeding’ on social media
- 14 pupils receiving treatment after school bus somersaults, falls into a ditch
- Wenchi High Court throws out petition against NPP MP’s 2020 election victory
- Throw in the towel; I’ll win this election hands down – Ofosu Ampofo tells Asiedu Nketia
- Spotify Wrapped 2022: Burna Boy, Black Sherif are the most streamed artistes in Ghana
- We are working to support SMEs to leverage AfCFTA-Gender Minister
- YEA partners INZAG Germany to employ over 700 artisans ￼
- Dansworld Services adjudged best Environment and Sanitation company at 2022 AGI awards
- “2006 World Cup Squad was not afraid of games” – Appiah
- Minority welcomes government’s decision to reintroduce road toll in 2023
- IMF team to visit Ghana on December 1, 2022
- Ghana Kidney Association celebrates 50 years of Dialysis
- Let’s salute Ghanaian farmers – NAFCO boss
- PFAG unhappy about failure of 2023 budget in tackling key constraints in Agric sector
- Government to set up task force on rivers to end illegal mining
- We must address the inequalities holding back Ghana’s AIDS response – HFFG
- Save our funds and investments – Concerned members of HCCUL
- Come to our aid – SOGASCO calls for help
- 2023 Budget: TUC rejects government’s salary projection of ₵44.9m