Ousmane Dembele scored a dramatic late winner to give Barcelona victory over Real Valladolid and a huge boost in their La Liga title challenge.
Barcelona move up to second, one point behind leaders Atletico Madrid, thanks to a sixth La Liga win in a row.
Barca looked as if they were going to be frustrated but the turning point was Oscar Plano’s straight red card for a dangerous foul on Dembele.
Dembele volleyed home in the last minute from Ronald Araujo’s flick-on.
Both sides had hit the woodwork in the first half – Kenan Kodro’s header for Valladolid and Pedri’s low drive for Barcelona being tipped on to the post.
Barcelona’s title hopes are in their hands now after Atletico lost to Sevilla at the weekend. Barca visit Real Madrid in El Clasico this Saturday and host Atletico next month.
- 5 feared dead, 15 injured in accident on Accra-Tema motorway
- #FixTheCountry agitators have no leaders – Barker-Vormawor
- Wesley Girls’ SHS ‘no fasting” policy, strictly for health reasons – Old students
- Ghana’s 4x100m men’s relay team set to pitch camp in Europe ahead of Olympics
- Woman allegedly murders elder sister over a piece of land
- Companies continue to export rosewood to China despite ban – Inusah Fuseini
- Ramadan: UDS Dean of Education condemns Wesley Girls SHS management
- Over 200 police personnel deployed to enforce mining directives across Ghana
- Claims of fasting affecting health unfounded – Islamic Medical Association, Ghana
- Seek economic assistance from IMF to save economy from troubles – Finance Lecturer
Samuel Okudzeto Ablakwa: Earlier generations used our secondary school system to foster unity
CAF postpones FIFA World Cup African qualifiers
Australian mother convicted of killing her 4 children petitions for a pardon
NSMQ 2021: Presec beats Achimota, Chemu and Odorgonno SHS to be crowned Regional Champions
Ghana Rising: Outlook on Ghana’s promising future as a 21st Century economy
GNAT urged to provide affordable housing scheme for teachers
I have been running from the Elder position for almost 3years – Sam George
263 died through road accidents in April alone – MTTD reveals
Chelsea “feel good” about facing Man City in Champions League final – Thomas Tuchel
Kofi Tweneboah: #FixTheCountry – This is your chance to take a stand, fellow youth
Playback: NSMQ 2021: Legon Presec, Achimota and Odorgonno battle for Greater Accra Regional supremacy
Bright Simons joins Salzburg Global’s Board of Directors
Don’t depend on your children when you retire, it’s a “money mistake” – EDC boss
#FixTheCountry: Any Ghanaian who has a problem with campaign must have citizenship revoked – Sam George
Ecobank and TANOE WomanRising organise business clinic for women-owned and women-focused businesses