The Lands Minister, Samuel Abu Jinapor, has taken his working visit to the Pra River Basin.
His visit to the large Basin which cover a large expanse of land in the Central, Western, Eastern, and Ashanti regions is part of his efforts to ascertain first hand information on the illegal mining and protecting river bodies nationwide.
Tuesday’s aerial (helicopter) tour over the Pra River Basin also allowed him to determine the progress made so far in protecting the country’s water bodies and forest cover since ‘Operation Halt’ was launched last month.
Samuel Abu Jinapor was accompanied by top military officers and officials from the Lands Ministry.
At Anyinam in the Atiwa East District of the Eastern Region, Mr Abu Jinapor appealed to the residents to help the Government to curb the illegal mining menace.
The Lands Minister pleaded with them to form cooperative associations to help obtain the requisite support from the government to boost their businesses.
“You must also plant trees after your mining operations to protect our rivers and increase our forest cover,” he said.
- CCTV footage shows final moment of student-journalist who was killed in a hotel
- Armed robbers kill police officer, eyewitness and injure bullion van driver at James Town
- We’ll stop escorting your cash if you don’t acquire armoured bullion vans – IGP warns banks
- Nkrumah was playful, not a dictator – Former lady-in-waiting to Fathia Nkrumah
- Government to borrow ¢2.9bn in fresh funds between June and August 2021
- Bullion van attack at James Town: IGP directs CID to take over investigation
- GPL: Asante Kotoko beat Inter Allies in five-goal thriller
- Former dance champion, Alex Ofori, dead
- Bankers Association to hold emergency meeting over carting of currencies across country
- Tiwa is not my wife – Yaw Sarpong reacts to rumours
13-year-boy kills 2 bandits who kidnapped him
John Boadu petitions CID over alleged involvement in ‘galamsey’
14-year-old storms police station to report father for rape
Strikes work, it is a very strong tool – Ofosu Asamoah
Lawyer for Achimota Rasta students resigns from NDC
Families of 2020 election violence victims in Techiman to get 4-bedroom houses
Livestream: Appointments Committee vets Herbert Krapa, Mark Okraku Mantey and 2 others
Green Ghana Project: Stonebwoy, Dentaa join Royal Senchi to plant trees
Lawyer disputes voices on audio in treason trial
Live updates: Herbert Krapa, Okraku Mantey and 2 other Deputy Ministers-designate face Appointments Committee
Appointments Committee vets Mark Okraku Mantey, Herbert Krapa and 2 others today
Don’t be in haste to appoint interim management for TOR – Energy Minister cautioned
Apologise for false allegations or face lawsuit – Lawyers of Societe Generale Board Chairperson to PPP
Uncle Ebo Whyte: Unwritten rules men live by
Ghana drawn in Pool D for Billie Jean King Cup