Board Chairman of Legon Cities Football Club, Mr Richard K. Atikpo, has completely renovated the Kecheibi Primary School in the Nkwanta South Municipality of the Oti Region.
The refurbishment which cost thousands of cedis was done to celebrate his 40th birthday.
An additional 100 double seated desks was also donated to the school. The school, which was is a BECE Centre with a population of over a thousand students was in a very poor state and clearly needed some attention.
Mr Atikpo, who is also the Council of State Member representing the Oti Region as well as the Board Chair of Lemla Group which comprises Legon Cities FC, Gulf Energy, Lemla Energy and others promised to do more for Education at large in the coming years.
“Education is key to the success of many and I hope I can do the little I can to help my region. Government has invested a lot of money in the sector so that many people can benefit. They are not in the position to do everything all at once and thus the need to support their efforts in that direction.”
On his part, the Head of Finance and Administration at the Ghana Education Service in the Nkwanta South Municipality, Damson Mawuena, expressed his gratitude for such benevolence.
He was quick to add that such a gesture had never happened in the Municipality. He also used the opportunity to appeal to the citizenry locally and beyond to come to their aid with a lot more support for the Municipality and the Region at large.
Chairman Atikpo as he is affectionately called, has contributed immensely to many social causes in the past with as many beneficiaries from his RK Atikpo Foundation.
- Asking Domelevo to proceed on leave unconstitutional – Supreme Court
- M.anifest joins father to celebrate his grandmother’s 98th birthday
- Abedi Pele watches Jordan Ayew face off with Andre Ayew at Selhurst Park
- Ama Ata Aidoo’s iconic 1987 interview that shook the world
- Doctor fired for prescribing ice cream and video games to child with sore throat
- I’m sad presidency is at the forefront of doing unconstitutional things – Domelevo on Supreme Court ruling
- SIM card deactivation: Crowds besiege NIA centres for Ghana Card
- Supreme Court dismisses case against regulation of plant breeders
- Supreme Court ruling comes as a very big birthday present to me – Domelevo
- AngloGold incident: 79 illegal miners out of underground mine
- Media Personality Sixtus Dong Ullo runs for Law School Presidency
- Gyakye Quayson to contest Assin North seat again in June 27 by-election
- WAFU B Girls’ Cup: I need to work on their finishing – Yusif Basigi on Black Princesses team
- Banking sector faces rising risk to asset quality, capital buffers – Report
- U20 World Cup: Nigeria knock out host nation Argentina, Brazil trounce Tunisia
- Pay 30% of $1.6bn energy debt by June 30 – IPPs to government
- Two villages in North Gonja burnt down in renewed violence between Mamprusi and Gonja
- Land guards open fire on farmers, grade lands at Gomoa Okyereko
- WAFU B U20 Girls’ Cup: Nigeria thump Benin to set up final clash with Ghana
- Nigeria’s state oil firm increases petrol price
- ‘It’s disappointing’ – Bofoakwa Tano coach on not being able to lead the team in Ghana Premier League
- Pupils walking to school affecting access to education in Adaklu District
- UG’s WACCI has been incredible in efforts at improving Africa’s food security – AGRA Boss
- CBOD is not opposed to gold-for-oil, BOST managing strategic stocks says CEO
- Fire guts chain of mechanic shops at Asokwa in Kumasi