Members of New Ghanaian Movement (NGM), a political think-tank has appealed to the electorate to vote for a political party committed to genuine national reconciliation and a truly honest government of integrity.
They pointed out that a cursory study of manifestoes of the political parties, the People’s National Convention (PNC) showed commitment to “harness all national and international Ghanaian talents and expertise for public responsibilities.”
The appeal was made in a statement issued in Accra and signed by Mr Kwasi Kumah, Executive Chairman of NGM at the end of their monthly meeting on Thursday.
They said the PNC’s commitment to advertise all positions in the Civil Service and the Public sector for the best talents that passed transparent interviews to be appointed was laudable.
According to the PNC’s manifesto “Candidates for positions at top executive levels shall be screened in full view of the citizens, similar to screening by Parliament, would remove the political element in appointments”.
They said “The demeanour of Dr Edward Mahama makes him the most outstanding among the eight Presidential Candidates for Election 2008 therefore, Ghanaians should vote massively for him.”
- M.anifest joins father to celebrate his grandmother’s 98th birthday
- Supreme Court dismisses case against regulation of plant breeders
- Doctor fired for prescribing ice cream and video games to child with sore throat
- I’m sad presidency is at the forefront of doing unconstitutional things – Domelevo on Supreme Court ruling
- Archbishop Agyinasare’s comment can trigger security and peace instability – Security analyst
- Some OMCs start increasing fuel prices; Goil selling a litre of petrol, diesel for ¢12.45
- Barker-Vormawor refuses to state his plea as he is slapped with fresh Treason charges
- Gyakye Quayson to contest Assin North seat again in June 27 by-election
- Supreme Court ruling comes as a very big birthday present to me – Domelevo
- WAFU B Women’s U20 Cup: Ghana seal final spot with comeback win over Burkina Faso
- 7 reported dead, several others injured in renewed Gonja – Mamprusi clash
- Joe Ghartey picks NPP presidential nomination form
- Adom FM, EndPoint Homeopathic Clinic offer free prostate screening exercise
- Adom FM launches ‘Sɛdeɛ Yɛka No Nie’ to promote accurate use of Akan language
- Ghanaians must protect gains made under constitutional rule – NCCE Director
- Adom FM launches ‘Dad Too Can Cook’ event ahead of Father’s Day celebration
- SIM card deactivation: Affected persons have the opportunity to re-register – Ken Ashigbey
- Music royalties at risk as GHAMRO’s operating license is withheld
- Moses OK opens up his music journey
- You’ll have access to your MoMo after restoration – Ken Ashigbey assures ‘blocked’ mobile users
- We’ve received over ¢119m in 3 years from Common Fund – NYA provides partial information to JoySports
- Rejoinder: Supreme Court dismisses land ownership claim by Teshie family
- Former DCE of Akatsi passes on
- Ghana defender Patric Pfeiffer signs for Augsburg until 2027
- Let’s work together for peace in Bawku – VP Bawumia