A New Patriotic Party (NPP) bigwig, Dr Kofi Konadu Apraku has lauded Ghanaian Muslims for successfully observing the Ramadan fast.
Wishing the Muslim Community Eid Mubarak as they celebrate the Eid-ul-Fitr celebration, he testified of the numerous charitable acts undertaken by Muslims nationwide during the Ramadan period.
He, therefore, prayed that the renewal of hearts and spirit during Ramadan be transformed to socio-economic prosperity and peace for all who live within the country.
“I wish all my Muslim friends and families a Happy Eid Mubarak, May this month of sacrifice, devotion, spiritual renewal and commitment to prescriptions of the Holy Book engender economic prosperity, social cohesion and abundant peace in our beloved country Ghana. Happy Eid Mubarak,” he communicated in a work of art.
In the Islamic calendar, Ramadan is the ninth month observed by Muslims worldwide as a period of fasting (sawm), prayer and reflection on the Holy Qu’ran.
The religious activity lasts about twenty-nine to thirty days and is regarded as one of the Five Pillars of Islam.
- 3 ECG employees charged for stealing ¢2.1m prepaid credits
- Yul Edochie and wife May lose first son
- No one from Ghana’s film industry approached me while I was here – Spike Lee
- Martin Amidu on Anas: ‘Genuine anti-corruption crusaders don’t hide behind masks’
- Power outages imminent as Ghana Gas shuts down Atuabo gas processing plant from April 1
- Davido confirms he’s married to Chioma
- Ambulance case: Court orders Ato Forson to open defence
- Parliamentary committee recommends passage of controversial Anti-LGBTQ bill
- Political appointees at Presidency increases to 361
- Ashanti NDC refutes allegations of wearing military uniforms on campaign tour
- WMO retires deadly cyclone Fiona and Ian from list of names
- 5 member committee investigating Kejetia Market fire starts with fact-finding mission
- UBA Ghana holds first quarter ‘Jogging To Bond’
- Livestream: PM Express discusses how to restore capital market after DDEP
- Kuami Eugene offers budding musicians tips for Joy Prime’s ‘Cues & Lyrics’ audition
- Mercy Chinwo threatens musician with ₦2bn lawsuit after he used her name in song
- Mastercard Foundation Health Collaborative allocates $1 million for prospective entrepreneurs
- We’ll pay outstanding debt despite inheriting it – Electrochem
- Lawyer for Jonathan Majors shares alleged texts from woman involved in actor’s assault arrest
- Inaki is not scoring for Ghana because he plays with a No.10 who loves to score – Ignatius Osei Fosu
- Desist from gifting out cedi bouquets, hampers; it is illegal – BoG warns
- Pass outstanding revenue bills – Youth in Accountable Governance to Parliament
- Joint Paper by KAIPTC researchers wins global prize
- Standard Chartered Bank appoints Albert Larweh Asante as new Executive Director
- Al Jazeera exposé: Zimbabwe government gags media