The Executive Director of Social Enterprise Ghana has called on the various stakeholders in the entrepreneurship and small business development ecosystem to address the high level of graduate unemployment.
Edwin Zu-Cudjoe called on the academia and industry to especially collaborate through curriculum development, internship and job placement, project-based practical assignments, university teacher job placement, paid academic consultancy, etc.
He believes this will further develop partnerships between industry and academia necessary to address the social, environmental and economic challenges the globe is facing.
Mr Zu-Cudjoe was speaking on the topic ‘Social Enterprise Networks: Catalysts for Academia and Industry Collaboration for Job Creation’ at the University of Huddersfield’s 3M Innovation Centre.
This workshop is part of a British Council funded African Innovation Partnership between Accra Technical University, University of Huddersfield, University of Bolton, Plymouth City College, Achievers Ghana and Social Enterprise Ghana to promote social enterprise development among schools of Higher Education.
It has, among other objectives, a great desire to promote collaboration between the UK and African universities.
Prof Ernest Winful of Accra Technical University says Africa’s economic, social and environmental challenges require new graduates and education institutions to deliver on new mandates through collaboration that can provide skills necessary for job creation and employability of young graduates.
Dr Jamie Hall of Huddersfield University says his university has developed relevant materials and short courses in social enterprise development and is happy to work with relevant Ghana institutions to develop a strong and robust environment for social enterprises.
Mohammed Mamaoudu of Achievers Ghana was excited about the opportunity to build new relationships and partnerships necessary for supporting his work in developing technology skills among young girls.
The project has already organised similar workshops and fora and would organise such workshops in other universities across Ghana.
- Halt operations in Tano Nimiri Forest Reserve – Lands Ministry tells Chairman ‘Wontumi”s mining company
- Mankessim murder: Accused persons allegedly confess to killing 2 more people
- SIM re-registration: National Security has warned Akufo-Addo against blockage – Deputy Minority Whip
- Police confirm another murder orchestrated by Mankessim suspects
- Video of alleged ‘galamsey’ men in gun battle with authorities emerges on social media
- Banking Sector Clean-up: We should have allowed institutional disciplines to work – Alhassan Andani
- Prosecution is an attempt to tarnish his reputation – Danadams Pharmaceuticals CEO lawyers
- State TV off-air amid gunfire in Burkina Faso
- Banking sector crisis was not systemic – Alhassan Andani
- GRA set to roll out E-invoicing from tomorrow October 1
- GRA descends on 3 auto service stations for failing to issue VAT invoices to customers
- Show commitment to ‘galamsey’ fight by prosecuting Akonta Mining firm – John Jinapor dares government
- UK-based Hendon Golf Club donates to develop juvenile golf in Ghana
- Kuneli releases new single ‘Make I Know’
- ‘A well-deserved honour’ – Bawumia eulogises Dr. Addo Kufuor as new Chancellor of KTU
- Dog owners, breeders to raise 5k doses of anti-rabies vaccine for free vaccination in Ashanti Region
- ECG extends weekend working hours due to vending challenges
- 23 senior high schools attend WiSTEM KNUST Stanbic girls’ camp
- Invest in Africa’s climate adaptation transition – One.Org invites world’s wealthiest countries to support Africa
- Insecurity, self-doubt and fear nearly crushed my dreams but I triumphed – UPSA Law School valedictorian
- I won’t think twice about a Ghana call-up – Salis Abdul Samed
- Directive for Chairman Wontumi’s mining firm to stop work not enough, A-G must step in – OccupyGhana
- Ibrahim Gusau elected Nigeria Football Federation president
- Ghanaian footballer in the US dies in car crash
- Sadiq Abdulai Abu resigns as CEO of 3Music Networks