Accra Fashion Week makes history as the first ever national fashion week in Africa (outside of South Africa) to go twice a year putting Ghana on the forefront of the fashion map.
The just ended fashion event, dubbed the Summer Harmattan edition took place at the CFAO in Accra with a spectacular set of talented designers.
In attendance were various celebrities such as Magaret Murray, Adina Thembe, Pascaline Edwards, Lydia Forson and more.
The highlight was a surprise attendance by the French ambassador to Ghana Anne Sophie Ave who came to witness trend-setting clothes and even took to the backstage to meet students of Imperial College of Arts.
The objective of Accra Fashion Week is to take real life African talent and turn them into social trends with the right support and mechanism of the fashion industry behind.
Guests flew all the way from China, Sweden and more to enjoy the designs by major brands such as Mish Mega, Bri Wireduah, Aphia Sakyi, Madyln Mode, Afre Anko, Netseba, MXDonna, Abass, Salim Signature and more.
Watch photos below
Have your say
More Lifestyle Headlines
- 10 expenses to cut down on to for a low-budget wedding
- How to know if you're in a rebound relationship
- LOAD Ghana calls for stringent measures to regulate sale of alcohol
- Brain function of night owls and larks differ, study suggests
- Sex and love making
- Couples treat at Luv FM's unforgettable Valentine Night of love
- Gabby Otchere Darko, McDan CEO pay for sick boy's surgery
- Millions of women had sex they didn’t want on Valentine’s Day
- 5 of the best exercises you can ever do
- Cardiothoracic Center receives GHS75,000 support from Awake Water
- Fashion Friday: Kokudé – Ghana's new exquisite fashion design powerhouse
- Hotline documentary: Robbing The Sick - Case of Tamale Teaching Hospital
- Mosquitoes, bugs invade Tema Community 11
- The best Valentine's Day movies for single people
- Don’t dismiss your ex after a breakup – you could be missing out on a great friendship