Accra Fashion Week makes history as the first ever national fashion week in Africa (outside of South Africa) to go twice a year putting Ghana on the forefront of the fashion map.
The just ended fashion event, dubbed the Summer Harmattan edition took place at the CFAO in Accra with a spectacular set of talented designers.
In attendance were various celebrities such as Magaret Murray, Adina Thembe, Pascaline Edwards, Lydia Forson and more.
The highlight was a surprise attendance by the French ambassador to Ghana Anne Sophie Ave who came to witness trend-setting clothes and even took to the backstage to meet students of Imperial College of Arts.
The objective of Accra Fashion Week is to take real life African talent and turn them into social trends with the right support and mechanism of the fashion industry behind.
Guests flew all the way from China, Sweden and more to enjoy the designs by major brands such as Mish Mega, Bri Wireduah, Aphia Sakyi, Madyln Mode, Afre Anko, Netseba, MXDonna, Abass, Salim Signature and more.
Watch photos below
Have your say
More Lifestyle Headlines
- Invest in monitoring of preeclampsia - APEC GH
- After breaking up with her cheating boyfriend, this woman lost almost half her size
- We marry character, not love – Counselor
- All 275 constituencies ‘to get ambulances in August’
- Fashion Friday: Online store carrying celebrities' favorite African designer brands
- AIDS Commission criticised for ignoring ‘potential HIV breakthrough cure’
- This is what no one tells you about divorce
- New malaria vaccine safe, 'rigorously' tested - MoH
- Ban on alcohol not solution to responsible drinking – FDA told
- First Lady cuts sod for new health centre at Kwame Anum
- Why people have makeup sex after an argument and why it's so hot
- Avoid buying herbal ‘drugs’ that promise multiple cures
- This is why you grieve the ending of Game of Thrones
- Contractor of UG Hospital project gives back to society
- Breastfeeding may lower women's risk for heart disease