Accra Fashion Week makes history as the first ever national fashion week in Africa (outside of South Africa) to go twice a year putting Ghana on the forefront of the fashion map.
The just ended fashion event, dubbed the Summer Harmattan edition took place at the CFAO in Accra with a spectacular set of talented designers.
In attendance were various celebrities such as Magaret Murray, Adina Thembe, Pascaline Edwards, Lydia Forson and more.
The highlight was a surprise attendance by the French ambassador to Ghana Anne Sophie Ave who came to witness trend-setting clothes and even took to the backstage to meet students of Imperial College of Arts.
The objective of Accra Fashion Week is to take real life African talent and turn them into social trends with the right support and mechanism of the fashion industry behind.
Guests flew all the way from China, Sweden and more to enjoy the designs by major brands such as Mish Mega, Bri Wireduah, Aphia Sakyi, Madyln Mode, Afre Anko, Netseba, MXDonna, Abass, Salim Signature and more.
Watch photos below
Have your say
More Lifestyle Headlines
- Oyoko women undergo free cervical cancer screening
- Drone Delivery Service: We are shocked at GMA’s inconsistency - Gov’t
- Medical drone project "inflated", "misplaced" -- Ato Forson insists
- Wife reads out husband’s affair texts instead of vows at wedding
- All of the best and worst love advice I learned from watching Christmas movies
- FDA hits beaches with tobacco, tramadol education
- Ghanaian doctor, German save life of a Ghanaian onboard KLM flight
- Posting children’s images exposes them to danger. This is how
- How sex bonds couples, and why sometimes it's not enough
- Mass Tilapia deaths recorded in Eastern Region
- The reason you sweat in your sleep
- Here's why you develop crushes, according to science
- South Tongu convenes over rising HIV incidence
- Female condom more pleasurable than male ones - GHS Boss
- Don't substitute robust medical supplies delivery system for drones – Think tank