The Electoral Commission has announced that the 2023 Limited Voters Registration Exercise will commence Tuesday, September 12 at all the 268 District Offices of the Electoral Commission.
The exercise will end on Monday, 2nd October, 2023.
This is despite a pending injunction application filed against the EC by some opposition political parties that argue that the conduct of the registration at the district offices will disenfranchise a lot of young voters, particularly those in rural areas.
Again, the EC has directed that persons who have attained the age of 18 years since the last registration exercise and those who for one reason or the other did not register in 2020, to visit the District Office where they reside with either their Ghana Card or their Ghana Passport.
“The general public is informed that it is a criminal offense for non-Ghanaians (foreigners) and persons who are not 18 years and above (minors) to attempt to register.
“Offenders and those who guarantee for them will be liable for prosecution. Additionally, guarantors who guarantee for more than the legally mandated number of ten (10) persons will be prosecuted,” the EC warned.
The Electoral Commission further encouraged all eligible applicants to register and vote in the upcoming District Level Elections.
“We urge the general public to support the 2023 Voters Registration Exercise,” it concluded.
- UEFA awards Mohammed Kudus’ second goal to him after initially declaring it own goal against Backa Topola
- Cecilia Dapaah case: People must guard against contempt in commentary – Gary Nimako
- The Career Trail: Quitting banking for jewellery business; Ella Cadie’s bold career shift
- I’ll release audio recording of Kan Dapaah’s $1m offer to silence me – Barker-Vormawor
- #OccupyJulorbiHouse: Police arresting protesters without a warrant was unlawful – Inusah Fuseini
- Photos and videos: Protesters hit the street on day 3 of #OccupyJulorbiHouse demonstration
- #OccupyJulorbiHouse: Organisers of demonstrations must respect the law – Gary Nimako
- Ghana is in a leadership crisis; African leaders lack consciousness – Prof Adu-Gyamfi
- MMALABS signs MoU with Spintex Medical Center to boost quality healthcare
- NPP flagbearer race: Bawumia suspends campaign over ongoing limited registration exercise
- Sharaf Mahama celebrates 26th birthday with donation and reading session with kids
- I’m not the 3rd richest man in Ghana – Dr Kwame Addo-Kufuor
- Desist from registering JHS 1 and 2 students for BECE – Public school heads warned
- Bob Menendez steps down as US Senate foreign relations chairman after indictment
- MohBad mourners teargassed at Nigeria’s Lekki toll gate after Lagos concert