As many Ghanaians slept last night, the two main political parties have been claiming victory in the just ended general election.
The NDC at a press conference at dawn alleged that its provisional results indicate that the party has flipped some 36 parliamentary seats nationwide.
Although they didn’t say much about their Presidential Candidate John Dramani Mahama, the party noted the results from the parliamentary reflect his victory.
On the other hand, the NPP is equally confident of winning the election by a large margin.
They announced this at a press conference in the wee hours of the morning.
NDC’s parliamentary candidate for the Ayawaso West constituency John Dumelo has lost the election to the incumbent MP, Lydia Seyram Alhassan.
Meanwhile, sitting MP for the Ningo Prampram constituency, Samuel Nartey George has retained his seat.
Myjoyonline.com brought you up to speed on the results and developments as they came.
- Final year SHS student allegedly commits suicide at Barkoniaba
- DCOP Opare Addo vows to take action against Delta Force following his attempted forceful removal from office
- We pay ‘big money’ taxes and yet they burn our equipment – XtraGold Mining Company
- NSMQ 2021: Archbishop Porter Girls’ outshines St Augustine SHS to qualify for National championship
- Ayew gives Swansea narrow lead over Barnsley in Championship play-offs
- DCOP Opare Addo recounts chilling account of how he was harassed by members of the Delta Force
- Speaker Alban Bagbin urges SALL residents to petition Parliament
- Banks to soon adopt only National ID card as primary source of identification
- Those who created the national security monster have lost control – Kwasi Aning
- I was traumatised by police sirens – Koku Anyidoho on his National Security experience
Former Elegant Resorts IT boss gets £500K in damages after hitting head on doorframe at work
23-year-old driver in court over sex with minor
Vodafone CEO, Director of Digital Transformation make list of 50 most influential corporate women in Africa
Voting should start at 7 am and end at 3 pm – EC proposes
Six-year-old girl rescued from Alajo storm drain
Be cautious of inherent risks of digital transformation – GCB MD
Government charged to mobilise domestic resources to deal with rising debt situation
Playback: Government addresses nation on Covid-19 vaccination Phase II
DCOP Opare Addo had no locus to be in office, his contract has expired – National Security Coordinator
Ghanaian-German Centre for Job launches ‘Ghana Job Fair’ to tackle youth unemployment
Teenage pregnancy surge as Upper East Region records 6,533 cases
We must protect each other against covid-19 – Imperial General Assurance MD
MUSIGA to set up new Election Committee – Ras Caleb
DSP Azugu being at post is a dereliction of duty on IGP’s part – Agalga
How to know when it’s time to end a toxic friendship