Former President John Mahama and other aspiring National Democratic Congress (NDC) presidential candidates are to be vetted on Tuesday, March 28.
According to the party, processes have commenced for the exercise.
The Chairman of the elections committee of the party, Kakra Essamuah revealed this at a press conference on Thursday.
He added that the committee will thoroughly vet the aspirants on their qualifications for the position, ideologies and vision for the party.
“I think this has been a wonderful experience. They came to file their nominations, and you can see that it was an exciting ceremony.
“The next step is the vetting; the presidential will take place on Tuesday and the parliamentary vetting, will be the next two weeks probably the first week of April. We are working towards that,” he said.
All four aspirants, former President John Dramani Mahama, former Finance Minister Dr Kwabena Duffuor, a former Kumasi Mayor, Kojo Bonsu and businessman Ernest Kwaku Kobeah have successfully filed their nominations.
The party has thus ended the filing of nominations for all flagbearer aspirants hopefuls.
Meanwhile, after the vetting, the aspirants may or may not vote for their positions on the ballot paper.
- Supreme Court dismisses land ownership claim by Teshie family
- Cattle and sheep easier to control than Nigerians – Buhari
- Ghana branded ambulance found in Dubai in viral video not for sale – National Ambulance Service
- Independent Power Producers reject government bid to restructure $1.58bn debt
- Attorney General asks Speaker to declare Assin North seat vacant
- T-bills auction: Government fails to meet target again; interest rates still surging
- I didn’t insult you – Mahama responds to Nana Akomea
- Legon Cities drag Hearts of Oak into relegation dogfight
- Let’s unite to remove E-levy, Covid-19 levy – Ablakwa urges MPs
- IMF deal: Government to reduce public sector compensations by 0.5%
- Pita Limjaroenrat: Thai election upstart who vows to be different
- Uganda’s President Museveni approves tough new anti-gay law
- Beyoncé’s Renaissance tour: An intergalactic explosion of fun
- Group calls for help to save Keta Kɔlebu Market
- 10 signs you’re in a toxic relationship with your job
- If these 5 things are happening, your relationship is already over
- Men who smile at women are sexist, says Science
- The IMF programme has been designed with an extension in mind – Prof Bokpin
- IMF deal: There is a lot of pain; government must first calm the market – Prof Bokpin
- Government should have called a national meeting before announcing 0.5% compensation reduction -Labour expert
- Hohoe gets new ultra modern market, traders commend Municipal Assembly
- GIZ support: Over 400 young entrepreneurs receive startup tools to build and grow their business
- Otumfuo destools chief of Asante’s famous Antoa town
- From Eric’s Diary: A scammer’s hi
- Menstrual hygiene: NDC Volta Regional Women’s Wing distributes pads to Ketasco girls