The National Democratic Congress (NDC) has debunked claims by the Vice President that the Mahama administration built only two factories during its tenure.
Responding to Dr Mahamudu Bawumia’s claim, the party says it supported countless individuals to set up factories including those they built from the scratch.
This comes after Dr Bawumia told residents of Breketey in the Adansi South District during his tour of the Ashanti Region that the NDC built only two factories.
“We are doing a lot of things, but the reason we came is the one district one factory which is going on everywhere. We have two hundred and thirty-two factories that are currently on going with 76 completed.”
He added, “The NDCs in eight years built only two factories in Ghana, but the NPP in less than four years is putting up two hundred and thirty-two for everyone to get his or her factory.”
But the National Organizer of the NDC says Dr. Bawumia statement is false. He says Ghanaians will be the best judges.
Speaking to Nhyira FMs Papa Nyameke on Kuro Yi Mu Nsem, Joshua Akamba, explained that, “If it is government support into people putting up factories, then the NDC has done more than Dr. Bawumia can talk about, then obviously the NPP do not come closer. And that is what makes the NDC unique because we don’t even think that those individual factories, we have supported people to build, should make noise about them.”
He added that , “and so, for me I can tell you that if it is these kinds of factories then Dr. Bawumia has failed and he will keep lying to the country and he will keep lying even at the point of holding Quran but Ghanaians are there.”
Mr. Akamba says it will be better for the Veep to keep mute because Ghanaians no longer take him seriously.
“I don’t know whether you still take the vice president of the republic under President Akuffo Addo as a serious person? If I were to be the Veep, I would not even open my mouth to talk in the country.
What people know about him are exaggeration and lying and if you push him to the wall, he would tell you, you and I were not there.”
- ‘You’re yet to be confirmed’- Kyei Mensah-Bonsu tells Ato Forson in ‘clash’ over Assin North by-election
- EC member dragged to Supreme Court over alleged NPP affiliation
- Presidential staffer declares support for Alan Kyerematen
- Nogokpo: ‘The energies of the land will act’ if Agyinasare defies 14-day ultimatum – Nogokpo spokesperson
- EOCO declares 2 persons wanted for various crimes
- Midwife delivers baby in speeding commercial vehicle
- If you have God, you have everything, you lose God and lose everything –Justice Jones Dotse
- EC’s arguments defective in logic and betray Commission’s appreciation of elementary English – NDC
- NDC’s Kwesi Amankwaa was not a registered voter in Kumawu – EC reveals in rebuttal
- Canada implements visa-free travel for more countries excluding Ghana
- Car snatcher jailed 20 years
- Attorney General hints at bill to reform justice delivery system
- Photos: AMA officials eject squatters from walkways at Nkrumah Circle
- Over 3,000 refugees from Burkina Faso registered – Ghana Refugees Board
- CNN Chairman and CEO Chris Licht is out
- Nicki Minaj sued for allegedly damaging borrowed neckless
- ISSER report reveals significant gaps in healthcare facilities while Agenda 111 completion faces delay
- Lionel Messi to join MLS side Inter Miami
- Parliament approves Gertrude Torkornoo’s nomination as Chief Justice
- 7th Ghana Energy Awards: Organisers call on SIGA
- ISSER calls for national discussion on Free SHS Financing as Primary and JHS enrolment declines
- Pope Francis to have abdominal surgery
- Monetary policy tightening in US, others poses challenges to emerging markets – World Bank
- World Bank maintains 1.6% growth rate for Ghana in 2023
- Assin North by-election: Many first-time voters will be disenfranchised if… – Youth Bridge Foundation