The flagbearer of the National Democratic Congress (NDC) John Mahama has cut short his four-day tour of the Bono Region to return to Accra and deal with some inconsistencies in the voter’s register.
The former President expressed his disappointment with the many anomalies in the voter’s register as the ongoing exhibition exercise.
Describing voters identification card as the most important element in elections, John Mahama said the anomalies in the electoral process making it impossible to have a free and fair election in December, thereby cutting short his tour.
“A voter register is the most important document in any election if the voter register is not credible or is full of errors; it makes it difficult to have free, fair and transparent elections”.
The former president reiterated that the current situation where there are chaos and disorder in an electoral process has the potential to create a crisis in the country, hence, if that happens, the EC should be held accountable.
“That is why at a point I said the EC should be prepared to take the blame if this country descends into chaos”.
John Mahama called on International Election Observers to take an interest in what is happening in Ghana and supervise the electoral process into the election.
However, he apologised to the constituency and assured his return after the issue is addressed.
He stated that the party is yet to make a major statement on the matter in due course.
- One feared dead, several others injured after accident at Legon underpass
- Citi FM journalist, Caleb Kudah allegedly picked up by National Security operatives
- Leadership crisis at Ghana Rugby: Chairman Herbert Mensah suspended indefinitely, set to be removed from office on June 8
- Fire guts new Kejetia Market
- Ghana drops to 95th in 2021 World Happiness ranking
- Chinua Achebe’s ‘Things Fall Apart’, ‘No Longer at Ease’ and ‘Arrow of God’ are being adapted for television
- Wesley Girls: Aside ban on fasting Muslims aren’t allowed to observe Salat – Old student
- Cape Coast airport to be completed before end of second term – Transport Minister assures
- Citi FM journalist, Caleb Kudah released from National Security custody
- Our scholars in Cuba are broke because they insist on table-top payment – GNPC Foundation
Pregnancy should not be a hindrance to your dreams – Nana Adwoa Awindor
Over 90% of ‘rotten’ vehicles at National Security premises distributed – Former MASLOC boss
Muslims urged to support in raising funds for the vulnerable
Nsawam Adoagyiri MP donates 10 Pulse Oximeters to Nsawam government hospital
I will resign from Parliament if anyone proves that I promised to fix any road – Sam George
Ajax melt down Dutch title trophy to make 42,000 stars to give to fans
Virgil van Dijk rules himself out of Euro 2020
GPL: Four games to lookout for on matchday 24
Inflation returns to single digit of 8.5% in April 2021
Nursing aide gets 7 life terms for killing 7 elderly VA patients with insulin
Ghana to host African Swimming and Open Water championships
Chief breaks ground for multipurpose Nkawkaw Palace
Double whammy for Ghana in Old Mutual Amazing Voices
RTI Law is to empower citizens and to fight corruption – RTI Coalition
Mental disorder after childbirth is real – Victim recounts