An Alabama man accused of attacking a 19-year-old employee at a tanning salon faces attempted rape and kidnapping charges, police said.
Shameek Absalom Dunn, 26, visited the Palm Beach Tan in Trussville for a job interview on March 11, according to AL.com. Dunn used his real name and address during the interview, the outlet reported.
A female employee at the salon said she was interviewing Dunn when he attacked her, Trussville Police Chief Eric Rush told AL.com.
During the attack, Dunn is accused of attempting to rape the woman, Lt. Clint Riner told McClatchy News.
The woman was able to fight Dunn off and sustained minor injuries, police told WBMA.
Dunn fled the scene, but officers were able to locate him and he was later arrested at his home in Clay, just north of Trussville, according to the Trussville Tribune.
Dunn was transported to the Jefferson County Jail in Birmingham, according to jail booking history.
He is charged with first-degree attempted rape and first-degree kidnapping, Riner said. The kidnapping charge stems from the woman being “denied the freedom to leave during a felonious act,” Riner said.
Dunn is being held on a $90,000 bond, according to jail records.
Trussville is about 15 miles east of Birmingham.
- Asking Domelevo to proceed on leave unconstitutional – Supreme Court
- Supreme Court strikes out law that allowed government to impose restrictions during Covid-19 pandemic
- M.anifest joins father to celebrate his grandmother’s 98th birthday
- Abedi Pele watches Jordan Ayew face off with Andre Ayew at Selhurst Park
- Ama Ata Aidoo’s iconic 1987 interview that shook the world
- SIM card deactivation: Crowds besiege NIA centres for Ghana Card
- I’m sad presidency is at the forefront of doing unconstitutional things – Domelevo on Supreme Court ruling
- Doctor fired for prescribing ice cream and video games to child with sore throat
- Supreme Court ruling comes as a very big birthday present to me – Domelevo
- AngloGold incident: 79 illegal miners out of underground mine
- WAFU B U20 Girls’ Cup: Nigeria thump Benin to set up final clash with Ghana
- Nigeria’s state oil firm increases petrol price
- ‘It’s disappointing’ – Bofoakwa Tano coach on not being able to lead the team in Ghana Premier League
- Pupils walking to school affecting access to education in Adaklu District
- UG’s WACCI has been incredible in efforts at improving Africa’s food security – AGRA Boss
- CBOD is not opposed to gold-for-oil, BOST managing strategic stocks says CEO
- Fire guts chain of mechanic shops at Asokwa in Kumasi
- Sleep well Aunty Ama Ata Aidoo and Thank You, Trudy
- Supreme Court dismisses case against regulation of plant breeders
- Six women rescued in Nigeria ‘baby factory’ raid
- Theophilus Acheampong: Ghana and the IMF have struck a deal, but hard choices lie ahead
- Today’s front pages: Thursday, June 1, 2023
- OMCs start increasing fuel prices; Goil selling a litre of petrol, diesel for ¢12.45
- Nigeria’s fuel subsidy: How the new president has shocked the nation
- Debt ceiling deal: US House overwhelmingly passes bill