Audio By Carbonatix
A man cut off his own testicles and stormed into a church shortly before a couple were due to be married.
Reverend Bob Wallace and a florist were making preparations for the wedding ceremony at Hutton All Saints Church in Essex when the man burst in around 12.25pm.
They realised the man had injured his genitals and managed to stop wedding guests from entering the church while they waited for police to arrive on September 14.
Rev Wallace told the Huffington Post UK: 'Somebody came into the church having self harmed outside.
'Guests started to arrive for the wedding but were told they were not allowed to go inside.'
One of the guests told the Brentwood Weekly News: 'There was blood all over the floor just outside the church. When I went in there it was like someone had been murdered. There was blood everywhere.
'The vicar knew of the man and said he had come into the church as they were setting up. He said the man had chopped his testicles off with a pair of scissors and was going bezerk, chucking chairs around. I’m surprised he didn’t pass out.
'When I went in the church, I saw something on the floor which I could only describe as flesh, which I thought was part of his arm but that was one of his testicles.'
The vicar called 999 and police and an ambulance attended the scene.
A spokesman for Essex Police said: 'Police were called by the ambulance service to All Saints Church, in Church Lane, Hutton, at around 12.25pm on September 14.
'A man with mental health problems was found in the church with serious injuries.
'He was taken to hospital to be treated for his injuries, which police investigations have led them to believe were self-inflicted.
'He was then referred for a mental health assessment.'
The wedding went ahead half an hour later with the bride said to be unaware of the incident.
DISCLAIMER: The Views, Comments, Opinions, Contributions and Statements made by Readers and Contributors on this platform do not necessarily represent the views or policy of Multimedia Group Limited.
Tags:
DISCLAIMER: The Views, Comments, Opinions, Contributions and Statements made by Readers and Contributors on this platform do not necessarily represent the views or policy of Multimedia Group Limited.
Latest Stories
-
Only 16% of Ghana health facilities meet basic sanitation standard — WHO / UNICEF
45 seconds -
Competence has no age; let’s stop punishing new businesses
17 minutes -
JoyNews Republic Bank Habitat Fair 2026 opens today at Achimota Mall
20 minutes -
What Is Wrong With Us: The roads that keep counting our dead
24 minutes -
MTN condemns recent xenophobic attacks on Ghanaians in South Africa
28 minutes -
Philip Nai: What happens at your front desk can make or break your brand
40 minutes -
Ghana’s mining deaths fall sharply, but Chamber insists ‘three deaths are too many’
2 hours -
Tatale Sanguli officials destroy expired food products, warn traders
2 hours -
Police arrest two watchmen over alleged defilement of 14-year-old student
2 hours -
The woman behind General Mosquito: Could Ghana be meeting its next First Lady?
2 hours -
Court remands man over alleged Labone bank robbery attempt
2 hours -
Supreme Court to rule on injunction application on legal vacation today
2 hours -
Tamale Metropolitan Assembly distributes 10,000 bags of fertiliser to farmers
3 hours -
TUSAAG suspends strike, resumes work after renewed talks with government
3 hours -
PIAC marks 15 years of oil revenue accountability and transparency
3 hours