Audio By Carbonatix
A 27-year-old man was arrested on Monday by the New Juaben Municipal Police for possessing human parts.
He has been charged with stealing, exhumation and disinterment of human remains under the 1998 Mortuary and Human Rights Facility Act 563.
The suspect, Abubakar Sadiq, said he hailed from Ehyiaq in Cape Coast.
The name given to him by his father is Joseph Asiamah and his nick name is Kwadwo Ahia.
He claimed he got the human parts from Awudome in Accra, but could not tell how he got them.
Briefing the Ghanaian Times, the New Juaben Municipal Police Commander, DSP Christopher Quaicoe, said about 9:00pm on Monday, some private security men at the Oteng House near the Total One Petrol Filling Station reported to the police that a man had been seen with human parts.
Police personnel were therefore detailed to the scene and the suspect was arrested and brought to the station for questioning.
DSP Quaicoe said the suspect had in a check bag, three human heads and 11 thigh bones.
DSP Quaicoe said the suspect would be arraigned before court as soon as police get through with their investigations.
DISCLAIMER: The Views, Comments, Opinions, Contributions and Statements made by Readers and Contributors on this platform do not necessarily represent the views or policy of Multimedia Group Limited.
Tags:
DISCLAIMER: The Views, Comments, Opinions, Contributions and Statements made by Readers and Contributors on this platform do not necessarily represent the views or policy of Multimedia Group Limited.
Latest Stories
-
Gov’t to spend GH¢2.8bn on secondary infrastructure as Education Minister pushes foundational learning
11 minutes -
This is the result of GoldBod activities – Akim Oda MP demand answers over $1.7bn loss
25 minutes -
Photos: Sammy Gyamfi at Government Accountability Series
39 minutes -
Ghana School of Law SRC President-elect petitions authorities for relief for referred students
47 minutes -
Promasidor Ghana unveils Onga Mix Tomato Paste, names Diana Hamilton brand ambassador
59 minutes -
‘You admitted the loss, now account for the GH¢22bn’ – Minority hits back at GoldBod CEO
1 hour -
Gender Department raises alarm over rising teenage pregnancy in Ashanti Region
1 hour -
GJA@77: Ethical journalism foundation for strong, resilient democracies – UK Deputy High Commissioner
1 hour -
Police pickup carrying suspects crashes into trotro on KNUST campus, several injured
1 hour -
AMA Mayor apologises to alleged extortion victim, orders refund
1 hour -
Akwatia MP defends GoldBod, says IMF report didn’t blame it for losses
1 hour -
Building community after a merger: What UniMAC’s concord initiative can teach higher education
1 hour -
UN security official meets GoldBod CEO Sammy Gyamfi
2 hours -
Two detained after French influencer’s scorched body found in vineyard
2 hours -
ORAL has been reduced to a tool for political convenience – Kwesi Botchway Jnr
2 hours