Multiple award-winning investigative journalist, Manasseh Azure Awuni, has been adjudged the Integrity Personality of the Year.
He was selected amongst five others, including North Tongu MP, Samuel Okudzeto Ablakwa, and host of Newsfile, Samson Lardy Anyenini by anti-graft agency, Ghana Integrity Initiative (GII) at an awards ceremony held on Thursday.
Mr Awuni received a plaque, citation and a laptop.
Reacting to the award, Mr Awuni expressed gratitude for the recognition.
“It feels very great, humbling, and also challenging to be selected as the Integrity Personality of the Year because beyond celebrating what is done in the past, it also places a lot of burdens, some standards on you going forward.
“So that is how I feel. Fighting corruption sometimes feels like a very thankless job so recognitions such as this come as boosters to the fight against corruption,” he told JoyNews.
The Editor-in-Chief of the Fourth Estate, over the years, has conducted a number of investigations that have unearthed rot in the country.
With documentaries such as ‘Contracts for Sale’ and ‘The Returned Bribe’, Mr Awuni has captured the ills being perpetrated by some people in authority, thus, robbing the country millions of cedis.
- Peter Nanfuri’s name will be written in gold in Ghana’s history – Akufo-Addo eulogizes former IGP
- Social media reacts to Bawumia’s ‘One student, One laptop’ announcement
- Agyinasare says he has no intention to cast a slur on Nogokpo and Voltarians
- NPP group in Ashanti angry with Napo over his ‘anti-party’ comments
- Playback: Akufo-Addo addressed Ghanaians on Covid-19, IMF
- ‘This too has passed’ – Akufo-Addo on Covid-19 pandemic
- Stop insulting citizens if you want to be president again – Nana Akomea tells Mahama
- Akufo-Addo to address nation on Covid-19 fight, IMF deal tonight
- IMF bailout won’t immediately end Ghana’s difficulties – Akufo-Addo
- Don’t join NPP if you don’t believe in ‘Development in freedom’ motto – Pianim
- Let’s unite to remove E-levy, Covid-19 levy – Ablakwa urges MPs
- Review of flagship programmes: Let’s not touch Free SHS – Kwame Pianim
- Joseph Paintsil scores brace as Genk cruise past Club Brugge
- Turkish election victory for Erdogan leaves nation divided
- Lawrence Agyekum & Forson Amankwah win Austrian league title with Red Bull Salzburg
- World Bank releases additional $150m for Odaw Basin flood control
- Amedzorfe chief Okusie Akyem Foli V laid to rest
- GPL: ‘We are out’ – Paa Kwesi Fabin says Aduana cannot win title
- Virtual InfoSec builds Bank of Ghana’s state-of-the-art cybersecurity centre
- Yhaw Hero back with new song ‘Cold War’
- Today’s front pages: Monday, May 29, 2023
- Reality zone with Vicky Wireko: ECG’s revenue mobilisation drive: simply the best
- DreamChild Foundation poised for exciting HoodTalk Music Festival
- Legon Cities drag Hearts of Oak into relegation dogfight
- Independent Power Producers reject government bid to restructure $1.58bn debt