Audio By Carbonatix
A trivial misunderstanding between two young men, last Monday at Obuasi in the Ashanti region, degenerated into a bloody street fight, costing the nose of one of the fighters.
Joseph Kojo Nyame, a resident of Tutuka, a suburb of Obuasi, had his nose chopped off by Frank Awobeya, an unemployed, during a free-for-all which happened around 8:30p.m.
A police source told Daily Guide that the complainant and witnesses in the case were walking along the Tutuka-Akrofuom road to their respective homes when they met the accused, Frank and his friends walking abreast.
Upon reaching a section of the road, the source said, a friend of the accused, whose name was not disclosed to Daily Guide, pushed down a pregnant woman who was in the company of her friend.
The complainant, who was unhappy about the incident, confronted the accused person’s friend, and that did not go down well with the accused who got offended and slapped Kojo Nyame.
A fierce fight therefore ensued between the complainant and the accused, but witnesses separated them.
On the same day, around 11:30p.m, the police source said, the accused, who was not satisfied with what had happened earlier in the day, attacked Kojo Nyame and bit off his nose while he was on his way to his uncle’s residence.
In attempt to stop Frank Awobeya from causing further injuries to him, the complainant also bit the thumb of the accused.
After committing the offence, the suspect rushed to the police station to lodge a complaint, but he was later arrested shortly after he was identified by the victim as his attacker, while Kojo Nyame, whose nose was completely chewed off, is still on admission at a hospital, receiving treatment.
The case is still under investigation and the suspect will soon be put before court.
DISCLAIMER: The Views, Comments, Opinions, Contributions and Statements made by Readers and Contributors on this platform do not necessarily represent the views or policy of Multimedia Group Limited.
Tags:
DISCLAIMER: The Views, Comments, Opinions, Contributions and Statements made by Readers and Contributors on this platform do not necessarily represent the views or policy of Multimedia Group Limited.
Latest Stories
-
Promasidor Ghana unveils Onga Mix Tomato Paste, names Diana Hamilton brand ambassador
11 minutes -
‘You admitted the loss, now account for the GH¢22bn’ – Minority hits back at GoldBod CEO
13 minutes -
Gender Department raises alarm over rising teenage pregnancy in Ashanti Region
30 minutes -
GJA@77: Ethical journalism foundation for strong, resilient democracies – UK Deputy High Commissioner
34 minutes -
Police pickup carrying suspects crashes into trotro on KNUST campus, several injured
35 minutes -
AMA Mayor apologises to alleged extortion victim, orders refund
36 minutes -
Akwatia MP defends GoldBod, says IMF report didn’t blame it for losses
39 minutes -
Building community after a merger: What UniMAC’s concord initiative can teach higher education
39 minutes -
UN security official meets GoldBod CEO Sammy Gyamfi
44 minutes -
Two detained after French influencer’s scorched body found in vineyard
45 minutes -
ORAL has been reduced to a tool for political convenience – Kwesi Botchway Jnr
46 minutes -
6 in 10 businesses fail to properly account for VAT – GRA
47 minutes -
US retail giant receives $1bn boost from tariff refunds
55 minutes -
Angélique Kidjo makes history for Africa with star on Hollywood Walk of Fame
55 minutes -
Know when to wait, verify and publish – GJA President tells journalist
1 hour