The CEO of the Ghana Chamber of Bulk Oil Distributors (CBOD), Senyo Hosi has lauded Nigeria’s Matrix Energy Group for constructing a Liquefied Petroleum Gas (LPG) storage depot in Tema.
The newly-built facility, which is known as Matrix Terminals, comprises two gas tanks with a total storage capacity of 6,000 metric tonnes.
The Terminal commenced operations in December 2021 and has been fully licensed as a Storage Depot by the National Petroleum Authority (NPA).
During a working visit to the depot, Mr Hosi tipped the depot to make a positive impact on the Ghanaian petroleum downstream industry in 2022.
According to Mr Hosi, the depot will help boost Ghana’s LPG supply security nationwide.
Matrix Terminals hopes to contribute immensely to Ghana’s gas industry through a sustained supply of LPG to meet local demand.
Terminal Manager at the depot, Anthony Olorioke observed that “the main aim of this facility is to ensure a safe and efficient delivery of LPG across the country.”
Managing Director, Saeed Ahmed Lakho told Mr Hosi that the company is confident enough about operating within the remits of the local gas industry and is looking forward to playing its part in improving service delivery in the industry.
Satisfied with the depot’s state of the art equipment, Mr Hosi congratulated them on the commencement of operations and wished them well.
- Do you wear your shoes before socks? – Deputy Employment Minister asks UTAG leaders
- Couple pursuing same course graduate from UG
- UG-UTAG continues strike despite NLC directive
- Ato Forson pleads not guilty to charge of causing €2.3m financial loss to the state
- Bagbin returns to UAE for medical review
- Aisha Modi gave me ¢5k, not ¢500 – Psalm Adjetefio makes U-turn
- 1 out of 4 marriages registered at AMA in 2021 dissolved
- Azumah Nelson loses younger brother
- Man charged with manslaughter after 5-year-old dies following ski slope collision
- Do not take Ghana’s downgraded credit rating for granted – Prof. Mensah
Akufo-Addo commiserates with Mali over death of former president Ibrahim Keita
76 Ghanaian startups to compete for Telecel Group, Africa Startup Initiative Program
Nobody can intimidate any chief under my watch – Asantehene
AFCON 2021: Milo’s ‘one-goal’ project is ‘un-Ghanaian’; you may ignore it – Omane Boamah to Black Stars
He is fit for training, not for matches – Ajax cast doubts on Kudus Mohammed’s availability for AFCON
We haven’t considered receiving migrants from UK – Foreign Affairs Ministry
Creation of new regions cannot alter the traditional authority of Asanteman – Asantehene
Withdraw semester academic calendar for pre-tertiary schools – Minority to GES, MoE
Ghana’s unemployment rate is a national security threat – Dr Twumasi Baffuor
Central Region GNFS exceeds IGF target for 2021
George Duker adjudged Best Performing Deputy Minister for 2021
Nsoromma season 4: Check out performances by top 12 contestants
GBA indefinitely suspends former world champion Richard Commey
Juaboso MP offers ¢100k scholarship to over 50 students
Police in Ashanti Region closing in on car snatching syndicate