American rapper, Meek Mill may be ready to identify as a Ghanaian after he took an ancestry DNA test.
In a post on Instagram, the rapper born Robert Rihmeek Williams revealed that the test he recently took showed he is part Ghanaian.
Meek Mill, who was born in Philadelphia, has roots in Ghana, Nigeria, Benin, Togo, Ivory Coast, Cameroon, Mali, Congo and Senegal.
Sharing a breakdown, he revealed the test showed his origin from the regions of Benin and Togo was 21%, Ghana and Ivory Coast with 18%, 18% from Nigeria, 14% from Cameroon, Congo and West Bantu Peoples; 8% from Mali; and 5% from Senegal.
Although Benin and Togo took the highest percentage, Meek Mill circled Ghana and Ivory Coast and tagged it “my second home.”
This comes barely a week after Meek Mill came to Ghana.
The rapper who had always expressed interest in visiting the country performed at the AfroNation concert on Thursday, December 29.
- Ghana Gas Company commences hospital construction at UENR
- ‘We kept doing what Moyes taught us’ – Mohammed Kudus explains West Ham’s comeback win
- Every eligible voter will be captured – EC Chair assures
- NPP is best party to develop Ghana – COP Alex Mensah
- #OccupyJulorbiHouse: Unleashing terror squad on peaceful protesters shameful, unacceptable – Minority to police
- Kwabena Owusu scores for Ferencvaros in win over Cukaricki
- Bernard Tekpetey provides two assists as Ludogorets thump Spartak Trnava
- Baba Rahman provides assist as PAOK beat HJK in five-goal thriller
- Mohammed Kudus scores to inspire West Ham to comeback win over Backa Topola
- #OccupyJulorBiHouse: Derogatory captioning of Presidency by organisers unacceptable – Richard Ahiagbah
- 45 Ghanaian start-ups under AfriConEU project exposed to African market opportunities
- Official statement announcing Dr Sam Ankrah’s candidacy for President
- South Africa: Ninety schoolchildren given ‘cannabis muffins’
- DDEP: Ghanaians affected by “Technical Haircut” – Dr. Adu Anane Antwi
- Losing our father was the price we paid for Ghana’s independence – Samia Nkrumah