Danish Afrobeats star, Tarick has echoed the need for African musicians to use their music to effect change in society.
Speaking to JoyNews’ Becky, the musician says his goal is to create songs that will address social issues and effect positive change.
“My goal is to reach a position where I can influence people of power to do certain things. For example Akon is changing lives with his craft and I will also love to get to that position, but with the help of other influential people,” he said on E Vibes.
The end game is to actually make a change together with people with the same aim, he added.
The Afrobeat sensation released visuals for his song ‘Madafu’ and its currently receiving massive airplay across the globe.
The 24-year-old is an honest and reflective artist with meaningful lyrics and astonishing flows.
His sound is particularly inspired by the love for his home country, Tanzania, which is heard in his rhythm and melodies.
It is rooted in Afrobeats, and with inspiration from modern Trap and R&B genres.
Whether it’s an organic production or melodic Trap beats, Tarick’s voice fulfills any composition.
His lyrical universe deals with topics such as love, society and emotion, and reflects life as a young, hopeless romantic.
E-Vibes is a weekly programme that delves into the background of the country’s celebrated personalities who are doing tremendous work in their chosen field of work cutting across sectors.
- ECG releases load shedding timetable for March 30 to April 7
- TikToker Ahuofe ‘Ghana Tupac’ dead
- Desist from gifting out cedi bouquets, hampers; it is illegal – BoG warns
- Chief of Mujipe shot dead, son in critical condition
- Larabanga Accident: Level 200 student dead, 3 others in critical condition
- Social media users react to TikToker Ahoufe’s death
- BoG denies introduction of ¢500 coin, note
- We will resume picketing if government fails to honour payment in 2-weeks – Pensioner bondholders
- Adom FM climaxes Ghana Month celebrations with splendid cultural durbar
- Beige Bank collapse: Witness accuses Nyinaku of taking bank’s US$200,000 illegally
- This Saturday on Newsfile
- Health officer in court for allegedly defiling two teenagers at Nkwanta
- Gbewaa College incurs over GHȻ70k debt weekly to feed teacher trainees – Principal
- GAEC partners EU, IAEA UNICRI to fight organised criminal activities
- What are we on earth for? – Henry Quartey mourns death of Kumawu MP
- Music producer Kaywa loses mother
- The Multimedia Group’s Adom brand ends Ghana month with colourful cultural display
- Police to probe death of Yul Edochie’s son
- Morocco King hailed for the Atlas Lions’ growing status
- Managers of Hillburi hotel arrested for alleged power theft
- Blatant power theft in Ghana very worrying – ECG
- Ebo Whyte’s ‘Just The Tip’ excites patrons
- ‘He’s clueless’ – Derek Boateng lashes out at Milovan Rajevac
- Son of murdered Mujipe chief reveals names of assailants
- Policy framework for aluminium downstream industry in the offing – CEO of GIADEC