Audio By Carbonatix
A state court judge on Thursday dismissed a lawsuit brought by the Trump campaign that asked for an immediate halt to the vote counting until its representatives had “meaningful” access to ballot counting and adjudication.
Judge Cynthia Stephens was highly skeptical throughout a virtual hearing on Thursday about the lack of admissible evidence in the case and whether the campaign had sued the right party (Secretary of State Benson).
“What I have is, at best, a hearsay affidavit that addresses a harm that would be significant,” said Judge Cynthia Stephens. “We’ve got an affidavit that is not first-hand knowledge.”
The lawyer representing the state, Heather Meingast, said the case was essentially moot because the counting had already concluded.
“The ship has really sailed on the relief that they’re requesting in this case.”
The judge said that the Trump campaign’s request is going to be denied in a written order, which will not come today, but she was not convinced of any substantial likelihood of success on the merits of the case.
She said she will get an order out tomorrow afternoon if she can.
The judge seemed to express exasperation that this case was brought by the Trump campaign and ended the hearing by saying she adjourns the matter “where everyone here seeks to have a full and fair election process.”
Latest Stories
-
NSMQ 2026: Kpando SHS brush aside Abor, Jukwa to storm One-Eighth stage with 32 point gap
51 minutes -
Duncan Amoah: Gov’t should create conditions for 24-hour economy, not build markets
57 minutes -
JoyNews-Republic Bank Habitat Fair finale turns homeownership dreams into real possibilities
2 hours -
Bamiri chief commissions KG block, guest house to boost education and revenue
2 hours -
NSMQ 2026: Yaa Asantewaa Girls’ going ‘beck’ to Tanoso after Bishop Herman deals them early exit
2 hours -
Data Protection Commission acquires two vehicles to strengthen data protection enforcement
2 hours -
NSMQ 2026: Holy Child School storms back from two-year NSMQ absence to book One-Eighth ticket
4 hours -
GNFS dismisses reports of unpaid 2025 rent allowance
5 hours -
Gordon Asare-Bediako steps down from NPP Communications Director race, backs Dennis Aboagye
5 hours -
GES dismisses requirement for newly promoted teachers to submit documents for salary adjustments
5 hours -
Meko Bono 2026: Vice President pledges agricultural revival as Atebubu hosts grand homecoming
6 hours -
Russian skydiver Sergey Boytcov sets world record with 11,551-metre stratosphere jump
6 hours -
Ablakwa-led committee submits five reports to Mahama ahead of 2027 AU chairmanship
7 hours -
Africa not seeking Western cash in reparations campaign – Ablakwa
7 hours -
Production decline, reserve depletion threaten Ghana’s upstream sector – Jinapor
7 hours