Technology giant, Microsoft, has started rolling out a “New Conversation” button into Team Channels experience.
The addition is to better separate new conversations from thread replies in Teams channels.
Principal Project Manager at the company, Vincent Bellet, announced the innovation in a new post on LinkedIn.
“Our challenge was to fix a clear usability issue without bringing any friction for content creators and people willing to engage by responding to a message. We spent a lot of energy to find the right balance between qualitative and quantitative feedback to get to today’s milestone. I am very excited to introduce this change worldwide, hope you will welcome this change too!” he explained.
The new feature replaces the “Start a new conversation” text field and is expected to enhance experience on the Teams collaboration platform.
In its initial stages, the button will be made available to selected Microsoft Teams users and later to the rest of the userbase.
The UserVoice request was posted on their forums in May 2017. Since then, a sum of 9,457 Microsoft Teams users have endorsed the proposal.
Many other users agreed in the comment section that the User Interface needed an upgrade imperative to preventing users from unintentionally starting new conversations in Teams channels.
- Sam George: Lack of bed and ambulance led to death of a 12-year-old
- Ordering loophole allowed students to eat for free at KFC for six months
- Woman attacked by wild antelope succumbs to death
- Ernest Ako (Former IGP)
- Parliament will carry out its own investigation into alleged assault on Citi FM journalists – James Agalga
- Accounts of how some people are treated by National Security shocking – Samson Lardi
- Playback: Newsfile discusses alleged assault on Citi FM journalists, Otumfuo joins ‘galamsey’ fight
- Social media reacts to Affail Monney’s apology on Citi FM journalist’s breach of ethics comment
- I’m surprised DSP Azugu is still at post after Ayawaso West Wuogon violence – James Agalga
- Complaints by aggrieved KATH staff have been resolved – Head of Surgery Directorate
Greed, dishonesty and hypocrisy must be eschewed in ‘galamsey’ fight – Asantehene
Emotional Stephen Appiah tears up talking about son Rodney
Attacks on journalists: Seek help from international bodies if national agencies fail to address problem – Ken Ashigbey
Shun party politics at the workplace – Central Regional Minister
GPL: Four games to lookout for on matchday 25
Wesley Girls no fasting policy: Peace Council calls on Ghanaians to be circumspect in pronouncements
Israel strike in Gaza destroys building with AP, other media
Chinese busted for mining at River Pra by military task force
Rotary Club builds classroom block for Yahima SDA
Government must involve local communities in anti-galamsey campaign – Galamsey Researcher
We’ll fully cooperate with Energy Minister to facilitate lifting of new LPG outlets ban – LPG Marketers Association
Covid-19 has affected blood mobilisation – Dr Srofenyo
We have $200m for you to borrow – ECOWAS Bank to governments, businesses
Ban on drumming and noisemaking imposed in Korle-Klottey as preparations towards Homowo begin