Construction works on an Air Conditioning Test facility and a laboratory for the Ghana Standards Authority (GSA).
The test facility will ensure that electrical appliances meet minimum efficiency performance standards.
It will be equipped with a Balanced Ambient Room Calorimeter Test Chamber for evaluation of the capacity and performance of Room Ambient Calorimeters per the International Standards Organization ‘s standards.
The funds for the $1.5 million project is being provided by the Millennium Challenge Corporation (MCC), an Agency of the United States Government, under the Energy Efficiency and Demand Side Management Project of the Ghana Power Compact, and implemented by the Millennium Development Authority (MiDA).
A statement issued by the Communications and Outreach Unit of MiDA in Accra said the Project would support the Government of Ghana’s efforts towards implementing a national programme to enforce performance labeling of ductless Room Air Conditioning System.
In line with the project implementation schedule, a kick-off meeting was held at the headquarters of the Ghana Standards Authority in Accra, on Friday, to indicate project stakeholders’ readiness to commence the project on June 1, 2020.
MIDA is also collaborating with the GSA on the development of standards and labels for 20 energy-consuming electronic appliances.
In attendance at the kick-off meeting included senior officials of the GSA, led by Professor Alex Dodoo, Director-General of the GSA, Mr William Amuna, Technical Controller of MiDA, as well as representatives of SMECPTY, the Project Supervising Engineers and Messrs GHS Housing Limited, who have been contracted to construct the Air Conditioning Test Laboratory Containment Building.
- Request for Chief Justice to be suspended premature – Presidency
- Traveller apologises for lashing out at KIA Covid-19 testing officials over results
- Collins Dauda prosecution is poor excuse for abandoning Saglemi project – Sammy Gyamfi
- IGP assures #FixTheCountry protesters of maximum protection on August 4 demo
- Man who murdered wife over divorce threats dies of poisoning
- Tokyo 2020: Samuel Takyi wins bronze in boxing, Ghana’s first Olympic medal since 1992
- New ‘trampoline tracks’ at Tokyo 2020 explain why so many records being broken
- Government to buy 6 aircraft for Ghana Armed Forces worth over €111m
- Hushpuppi paid Deputy Police Commissioner over $20k to detain his ‘co-conspirator’ Chibuzo – FBI alleges
- Akorfa Edjeani on how a role affected a home
Labour demand remains flat in June 2021 -BoG
Let’s have comprehensive debt management strategy to manage escalating debt – IEA
Joe Gyaakye Quayson has not been invited by Police CID, it’s an NPP propaganda – NDC National Organiser
Vaccines may no longer be a solution to containing third wave of Delta variant – Virologist
Grammy-nominated artiste, Stokley, features KiDi in ‘Woman’
Damongo MP places ¢10k bounty on head for police officer’s killer
Livestream: #FixTheCountry demo comes off today
Hushpuppi paid Deputy Police Commissioner over $20k to detain his ‘co-conspirator’ Chibuzo – FBI alleges
Government to export Ghana-embossed gold as State Gold Refinery is 90% complete
#FixTheCountry protestors hit the streets of Accra
Absa Bank MD, Abena Osei-Poku named top Corporate Personality at Ghana Women of the Year Honours
ISSER fears Ghana Cares Obaatanpa programme may face financial challenges
256 more people killed in road crashes in July alone
Message from the Morning Man: Ei Jesus, are you sure?
Playback: PM Express discusses ‘Labour demands for money where is the justification’