President Akufo-Addo has cut the sod for the construction of a mini-harbour and landing site at Moree in the Abura/Asebu/Kwamankese constituency, in the Central Region, and assured that the project will be completed in 18 months.
The project, which will be executed by China Harbour and Engineering Company, will involve the construction of breakwater, a quay wall, dredging and ancillary facilities not only in Moree, but also in Senya Beraku, Dixcove, Elmina, Moree, Mumford, Winneba, Gomoa Fetteh, Teshie and Keta.
Addressing the gathering at Moree on Friday, July July 26, on the 2nd day of his three-day tour of the Central Region, President Akufo-Addo indicated that the sod-cutting ceremony is a realisation of a campaign pledge he made to the people of Moree in the run-up to the 2016 elections.
“I am grateful to God that He has given me the opportunity to fulfill your wish of having a fish landing site. By His grace, it has seen the light of day,” he said.
With China Harbour and Engineering Company executing the project, the President assured that “you have reliable contractors who are going to execute this project. They have informed me that the project will be completed 18 months from now. By November 2020, 70% of the work would have been completed.”
Other ancillary facilities that will complement the fish landing site- cold stores, according to President Akufo-Addo, include ice making plants, water supply and electricity supply, washing facilities and toilets for the fisher folk, net mending sheds, as well as nursery and day care facilities for the women.
“This has been a result of excellent collaboration between the Ministries for Transport, and Fisheries. There are eleven fishing harbours all across the country, and there are at least six of them designated for the Central Region alone. I appeal to you to accommodate the Chinese and make them feel welcome so that the work can progress steadily,” the President added.
- Overborrowing is one of Akufo-Addo’s biggest mistakes – Prof Adei
- Fella Makafui reacts after Twitter user accuses her of ‘sleeping’ with Medikal’s ex-manager
- ‘Western Togoland’: 5 secessionists handed 5 years in jail each
- GALLERY: Best pictures from Black Stars training at Accra Sports Stadium on Monday
- Go to school, don’t wait to get everything on your prospectus – Education Minister to SHS freshers
- My wife got to know she was pregnant after robbery attack – Akesse Brempong
- John Mahama files nomination to contest NDC flagbearer race
- DDEP: Financial institutions regulators should protect customers, not government – Dan Seddoh
- Profile of Anthony Akoto Osei
- Falling interest rates to boost private sector growth – Alhassan Andani
- Lotto agent in court for over GH¢253k theft
- Corporate institutions urged to implement leadership programmes to equip youth for job market
- Medikal bought 6 cars for Shaxi – Shatta Wale
- VGMA has to come and see me before I get involved in the scheme – Shatta Wale
- We are one people – Bawumia and Mahama laud peaceful enskinment of new Yagbonwura
- Ed Sheeran ‘didn’t want to live’ after tragic year
- Kylian Mbappe replaces Hugo Lloris as France national team captain
- AFCON 2023Q: Black Stars hold first training at Baba Yara Stadium [Photos]
- Alpha Beta Christian College wins 2nd Inter-School Girls Debate Championship
- Today’s front pages: Wednesday, March 22, 2023
- NDC Parliamentary primaries: We’re not protecting any sitting MP – Sammy Gyamfi
- Your electricity bill does not have a party colour – ECG MD
- MFWA to hold national-level forum on misinformation, peace and democratic consolidation today
- MFWA builds capacity of journalists in fact-checking
- We have developed key interventions to safeguard clients pension funds- Enterprise Trustees