An Accra Circuit Court has granted 22-year-old Stanley Awudu, alias Tanko, a ¢20,000 bail with two sureties to be justified over an alleged robbery.
Mr Awudu has pleaded not guilty to conspiracy to commit crime and robbery.
He will make his next appearance in court on August 31, 2020.
Meanwhile, two of his accomplices are on the run.
Police Inspector Samuel Ahiabor told the Court presided over by Afia Owusua Appiah that Emmanuel Kwabena Haruna, the complainant, is an excavator operator and resident of Obuasi-Mangoase in the Ashanti Region while Awudu is a motor rider at Agbogbloshie in Accra.
On April 19, 2019, the complainant visited his wife at Chorkor in Accra and on reaching UTC Metro Mass Terminal, he engaged the services of Awudu, who was using a motorbike with the registration number M-19-GR-283.
The prosecution said on their way to Chorkor, Awudu asked Mr Haruna whether he was not luring him to Chorkor to snatch his motorbike and complainant answered in the negative, adding that he was rather visiting his pregnant wife.
Inspector Ahiabor said in the course of the journey, Awudu made a call and spoke in a language the complainant was not familiar with.
When they got to the Ghana National Fire Service Training School, the complainant noticed that two other motor riders had parked at the junction of the Bukom Boxing Arena and the accused person joined them.
The prosecution said the complainant sensing danger attempted to flee but one of Awudu’s accomplices held his leg and shirt and took his bag containing ¢1,950 an Infinix Hot cellular phone valued at ¢600 and a pair of trousers.
Inspector Ahiabor said after running with the booty, the complainant met a police patrol team, to whom he gave the accused person’s motorbike’s number and described the dress he was wearing.
The Patrol Team on their way to the Accra Regional Headquarters, together with the complainant, spotted the accused with a pillion rider and complainant identified him, leading to his arrest after a chase.
- Takoradi woman faked pregnancy and kidnap – Regional Minister
- Kohwe was not my brother – George Laing clarifies
- ‘Vaccines as a tool for immigration control is retrogressive’ – Akufo-Addo
- Provisional census results peg Ghana’s population at 30.8m – Statistical Service
- Takoradi missing woman: Neighbours, husband dispute Regional Minister’s claim she faked pregnancy, kidnap
- Suspected thief made to weed acres of land as punishment at Bibiani
- There are still more women in Ghana than men – 2021 PHC by GSS
- 10 dogs maul 2-year-old pupil to death in school compound
- Peugeot Landtrek Double Cabin 4×4 vehicle launched; assembling of Peugeot vehicles in Ghana to begin in March 2022
- Guinea coup: Military junta willing to see to Condé’s release – Akufo-Addo
Man 47, allegedly defiles 10-year-old girl
Two drivers feared dead, 5 injured in multiple-vehicle accident at Gomoa
Biden pledges 500m more Covid-19 vaccine doses to developing world
Fuse ODG tops Ghanaian songs with over 10M+ streams on Spotify
My new single ‘Awurade Ye’ is everyone’s prayer song – Diana Hamilton
Falling standard of education: MP promises goodies for best performing BECE candidates in 2021
Carabao Cup fourth-round draw: Manchester City face West Ham, Arsenal host Leeds
West Ham knock out Man Utd to reach fourth round of EFL Cup
Chelsea beat Villa in EFL Cup shootout
Atiwa East NPP raises concerns over ongoing membership registration drive
Ghana’s Covid-19 death toll now 1,130
2 arrested for WASSCE fraud
Social media cause of the decline in Ghanaian movies – Mercy Asiedu
Ablakwa’s position on Akufo-Addo’s flight borne out of political mischief – Afenyo-Markin
Playback: PM Express – A conversation with Agric Minister