A Kenyan motorist has been fined by a court after being filmed speeding off on a highway with a screaming female passenger while one of the car doors was open.
Images of the incident were shared widely on social media:
Kenyan police said the woman was the motorist’s girlfriend who had wanted to alight, but the man had insisted that they spend the evening together after a social outing.
In a statement, it said the couple had sought to withdraw the matter from police after they had reconciled.
But the police filed charges against the motorist for reckless driving and endangering the life of the woman and other road users.
James Maina Kibe pleaded guilty to the charge and was fined over $600 (£450) with his driving licence being suspended.
- Petrol, diesel now sell at ¢15.25, ¢15.90 per litre at pumps
- Stonebwoy revisits VGMA brawl with Shatta Wale on The Breakfast Club
- Debt exchange: I don’t want to believe there are conmen in government – Carbonu on pensions
- Cedi to remain stable against dollar
- UTAG-GIJ threatens to withdraw from UniMac merger
- Fire kills mother, 2 daughters at Abuakwa
- Ghana’s economy to rebound in 2024 – IMF
- DDE: Labour holds government to ‘exemption to all pension funds’ promise
- Bank of Ghana has printed over GH¢50bn in one year – Minority Leader
- Police investigate alleged murder of Gospel musician’s brother by officers
- We will settle cases in line with the Law – Buipe Traditional Council assures Chieftaincy Affairs Minister
- FIPAG apologises for actor Yaw Dabo’s “lazy people watch movies” comment
- Excise Duty Bill: Broader consultation needed to prevent decline in business confidence – AmCham to Finance Ministry
- Debt exchange: You can’t include us through the back door – NAGRAT tells government
- Akufo-Addo presents 175 vehicles, communication equipment to Armed Forces
- Akufo-Addo commissions 300-bed capacity soldiers’ block at 37 Military Hospital
- JoyBusiness Masterclass: Organisations urged to prioritise mental well-being of employees
- Newly refurbished Yendi Emergency and Trauma Centre to boost healthcare
- Sack Ofori-Atta, Agyeman-Manu, Oppong Nkrumah, others over Covid-19 expenditure – NDC
- Agenda 111: Government not committed to completing projects – Akandoh
- Worldreader and Sabre Education announce partnership on World Read Aloud Day
- Government bridges the gap between industry and TVET
- NDC slams ‘Akufo-Addo government’ over ‘naked thievery and misuse of covid-19 funds’
- Hemang Lower Denkyira MP collaborates with Ghanaian-German Centre to tackle unemployment
- Dear Unc’ Kwesi Yankah – RE: Dear Ace, are we celebrating independence this year?