Online sports betting and gaming franchise, ‘betPawa’, owned by international music superstar and business mogul, Mr Eazi, has announced commencement of operations in Rwanda as part of the company’s expansion programme on the African continent.
“betPawa already gives people in eight different African countries the opportunity to bet small and win BIG, and we are thrilled about Rwanda becoming number nine,” Mr Eazi said.
Launched in 2013, betPawa has existing operations in Cameroon, DR Congo, Ghana, Kenya, Nigeria, Tanzania, Uganda and Zambia.
Safe and reliable, betPawa offers a first-in-class betting and gaming experience with no minimum odds. Everybody over the age of 18 can bet with low stakes and low data on either betpawa.rw or the betPawa app.
Mr Eazi is proud to tout that betPawa is Africa’s leading licensed sports betting company in the area of responsible and safe gaming.
“As the sports betting and online gaming industry continues to see massive growth, it’s important to demonstrate strong corporate social responsibility (CSR). That’s why betPawa has come out with the strongest anti-money laundering (AML) and know your customer (KYC) standards. We are also the first gaming company on the continent to launch a celebrity-endorsed, responsible gaming campaign:, Mr. Eazy said.
Mr Eazi is betting BIG on Rwanda, as he aims to expand his business interests in the country across several different sectors, including fintech and entertainment.
“I’ve also launched emPawa Africa which is set to further develop the music space for Africa, with a special focus on Rwanda,” Mr Eazi added. “We’ll be giving advances to African artists out of Rwanda, and developing the Rwanda music sector.”
The entertainer, who broke BIG in 2016 with the hit song “Skin Tight” and launched emPawa Africa as a first-of-its-kind African music investment vehicle in 2019, praised Rwanda as a business destination.
“I love Rwanda for its ease of doing business,” Mr Eazi said.
“Less than a year ago, it was reported I visited Rwanda and planned to get involved in music and entertainment, sports betting and fintech. I’m excited to announce that I have already made good on my promise.
“betPawa, emPawa Africa and our fintech are licensed and operational in Rwanda, and set up in Kigali International Financial Centre (KIFC). We are looking forward to growing within Africa with Rwanda at the centre of our plans.”
- Asking Domelevo to proceed on leave unconstitutional – Supreme Court
- Prof Gyampo slams Akufo-Addo over presidency’s request for CVs of senior EC officials
- Supreme Court strikes out law that allowed government to impose restrictions during Covid-19 pandemic
- Prof. Ama Ata Aidoo passes on aged 81
- Essipong: The Decaying Sports Stadium
- Petrol, diesel prices to stay same; LPG to go down 5% – IES
- Abedi Pele watches Jordan Ayew face off with Andre Ayew at Selhurst Park
- Fire burns shops at Madina-Ritz junction again
- Gomoa Okyereko accident: Man narrates how his family of 6 survived horrific crash
- National Cathedral: We need $100m to import steel for work to proceed – Dr Opoku Mensah
- I have no regret serving as Auditor-General – Yao Domelevo
- It’s better late than never – Domelevo rejoices over Supreme Court ruling against forced leave
- EC sets June 27 for Assin North by-election
- 2023 AfroSport Summit: LaLiga joins conference for second straight year
- I’m sad presidency is at the forefront of doing unconstitutional things – Domelevo on Supreme Court ruling
- Tighten rules of Public Financial Management Act to cut budget deficit – Terkper
- Adanwomasehene inaugurates 3-unit classroom block for Adanwomase R/C Primary
- Ghana to fully digitize GMet weather observation system
- Climate Change Talks: Loss and Damage Fund and GST take centre stage as AGN strategises for Bonn SB58
- Simon Wilberforce Kwami Tsadidey
- WAFU B Women’s U20 Cup: Ghana seal final spot with comeback win over Burkina Faso
- ATL is official fabric sponsor at Kumasi Fashion Week 2023
- PFAG provides clarity on Yussif Chibsah’s ‘King Faisal player bribe comments’
- CPA Secretary-General meets Leadership of Parliament
- M.anifest joins father to celebrate his grandmother’s 98th birthday