Rocky Dawuni has revealed that his greatest achievement so far is being a United Nations Goodwill Ambassador for the environment for Africa.
Speaking on the GTV’s Breakfast show, on May 2, he stated that working with the United Nations as an ambassador, preaching against plastic pollution has been quite intense for him.
“I joined the United Nations and all the member states for a landmark agreement on plastics. Plastic pollution has become an issue every country is facing as well as human beings,” he explained.
Rocky Dawuni stated that “when you test our blood, you will find microplastics in our systems because of all the plastics we are using which is a health concern as well as an environmental one”.
Rocky Dawuni added that this is the first time that all the countries have been made to offer themselves for an enforceable agreement which he (Rocky) was pivotal to helping the Member States to come to an agreement on.
He concluded by revealing that his focus is now on the environment, that is deforestation, plastic issues as well as floods.
Rocky Dawuni is a Ghanaian Singer, Songwriter and Record Producer who performs his signature ‘Afro Roots’ sound which is a mixture of Reggae, Afrobeat, Highlife and Soul music. He currently lives between Ghana and Los Angeles.
- Asking Domelevo to proceed on leave unconstitutional – Supreme Court
- Prof Gyampo slams Akufo-Addo over presidency’s request for CVs of senior EC officials
- Supreme Court strikes out law that allowed government to impose restrictions during Covid-19 pandemic
- Prof. Ama Ata Aidoo passes on aged 81
- Essipong: The Decaying Sports Stadium
- Petrol, diesel prices to stay same; LPG to go down 5% – IES
- Abedi Pele watches Jordan Ayew face off with Andre Ayew at Selhurst Park
- Fire burns shops at Madina-Ritz junction again
- Gomoa Okyereko accident: Man narrates how his family of 6 survived horrific crash
- National Cathedral: We need $100m to import steel for work to proceed – Dr Opoku Mensah
- EC sets June 27 for Assin North by-election
- 2023 AfroSport Summit: LaLiga joins conference for second straight year
- I’m sad presidency is at the forefront of doing unconstitutional things – Domelevo on Supreme Court ruling
- Tighten rules of Public Financial Management Act to cut budget deficit – Terkper
- Adanwomasehene inaugurates 3-unit classroom block for Adanwomase R/C Primary
- Ghana to fully digitize GMet weather observation system
- Climate Change Talks: Loss and Damage Fund and GST take centre stage as AGN strategises for Bonn SB58
- Simon Wilberforce Kwami Tsadidey
- WAFU B Women’s U20 Cup: Ghana seal final spot with comeback win over Burkina Faso
- ATL is official fabric sponsor at Kumasi Fashion Week 2023
- PFAG provides clarity on Yussif Chibsah’s ‘King Faisal player bribe comments’
- CPA Secretary-General meets Leadership of Parliament
- M.anifest joins father to celebrate his grandmother’s 98th birthday
- Market queens lead delegation to pick NPP flagbearer nomination forms for Alan Kyerematen
- You’re the one doing politics with your promise to scrap ex-gratia, not me – Nana Akomea to Mahama