Running mate of the National Democratic Congress (NDC) flagbearer, Professor Naana Jane Opoku-Agyemang will from Monday embark on a six-day campaign tour of the Central Region.
She is visiting the Central Region after successful tours of eight regions where she propagated the NDC’s rescue mission to save the country from further socio-economic deterioration.
As her home region, Prof. Opoku-Agyemang will explain the NDC’s manifesto plans for the advancement of the region which appears to have been neglected for the past four years.
Delighted to visit the region to touch base with the electorate, she will among a number of activities including paying courtesy calls on traditional and religious leaders.
She will also engage various stakeholder groups such as fishermen, fishmongers, canoe owners, market women, traders commercial drivers, artisans and professional groups, as well as interact with regional executives of the party and NDC Parliamentary Candidates.
The areas she will visit for engagements include Komenda-Edina-Eguafo-Abirem, Cape Coast South, Cape Coast North, Abura-Asebu-Kwamankese, Assin North, Assin Central, Assin South, Mfantseman, Ekumfi, Ajumako-Enyan-Essiam.
Prof Naana Opoku-Agyemang will also visit Asikuma-Odoben-Brakwa, Twifo-Atti-Morkwaa, Hemang Lower Denkyira, Gomoa West, Gomoa Central, Agona West, Effutu, Agona East, Awutu/Senya West, Gomoa East and Awutu-Senya East constituencies.
John Mahama’s running mate would also be hosted on various channels to interact with residents of the region on pertinent issues.
She is being accompanied on the tour by a host of party personalities including Alex Segbefia, Deputy Campaign Manager of the party for the 2020 elections; Samuel Okudzeto Ablakwa, Member of Parliament for North Tongu and Emelia Arthur, a former Deputy Western Regional Minister;
Prof Naana Opoku-Agyemang is also joined by Abu Kasambata, former Deputy Upper West Regional Minister; Musa Abdullai, former DCE for Bawku; Maame Efua Houadjeto, Deputy National Women’s Organiser of the NDC and Mawuena Trebarh, spokesperson and head of communications for the running mate.
- Otumfuo destools chief of Asante’s famous Antoa town
- 16 feared dead, over 40 injured in Gomoa Okyereko accident on Accra-Cape Coast highway
- Supreme Court ‘cautions and discharges’ NDC’s Kpessa Whyte after convicting him for contempt
- Ghana branded ambulance found in Dubai in viral video not for sale – National Ambulance Service
- Renowned Economist Dr. Joe Abbey is dead
- Pressure mounts on cedi; loses 9% in value to dollar last week
- Tinubu removes controversial Fuel subsidy in Nigeria
- We’re sorry for obnoxious statements about Christianity in history textbook – Ghana Authors & Publishers
- Parliament writes to EC, declares Assin North seat vacant
- AFCON 2023Q: Nuamah included, Sowah dropped as Hughton names Ghana squad to face Madagascar
- Beyoncé celebrates Blue Ivy after she takes stage at Renaissance world tour
- National Cathedral: Only $22.07m out of$58.14m has gone into actual construction – Ablakwa
- Agorkedzi: Another tidal waves destruction leaves one dead, many homeless
- Immediately transfer shares held by JOHL to GNPC – Minority to government
- 2023 U23 AFCON: Kamaldeen Sulemana to be called up to Black Meteors squad for tournament
- Family of late Akwaboah Snr. holds one-week memorial
- POGA 1997 year group celebrates 25th anniversary
- Ghana International School poised to make an impact in Ghana and beyond – Principal discloses
- UNDP, Japan construct reference labs at Kotoka and other ports of entry
- Burning Issues: Pharmacist highlights effect of teenagers’ misuse of contraceptives
- Police Inspector charged with murder for shooting girlfriend to death in Kumasi
- Nana Frimpomaa Akosua Sarpong Kumankumah files to contest CPP flagbearer race
- CPP Flagbearership race: Onsy Nkrumah submits nomination form
- French Open 2023: Novak Djokovic sends message about Kosovo after opening win
- Betway GWPL leadership programme in-country session to be held 8th June