Ghana is in a fistfight
The President and his Vice want to pay their wives
with Ghana as their tithe
to show their might is right
Are they husbands of straw? How raw?
Would this not be outright theft
To increase the national debt
And cause varied strikes
And more youthful deaths
By disguised Police and soldiers without depth
who errs for their crest?
Konkron Nyame a wo kron
you know ‘biribiara’ that causes national pain
Are Committees fed on cocaine?
To support those who reign?
Is Governance for private gain?
And conspicuous disdain?
Please Help Parliament again
To sanity Regain.
The writer is the daughter of the late Dr Kofi Abrefa Busia, Prime Minister of the Second Republic.
- I’ve relocated because of royalty issues in Ghana – Kwaw Kesse
- Effia Nkwanta Regional Hospital confirmed Takoradi woman was never pregnant – Police
- Takoradi woman confesses to not being pregnant – Ghana Police Service
- We’re working to recognise Ghana’s vaccine certificate as soon as possible – UK
- Playback: GFA unveils Milovan Rajevac as Black Stars head coach
- A tour inside Ghana’s National Mosque
- Kenkey price doubles as maize prices soar; Agric Minister assures stability soon
- We need your cooperation to deal with Iraqi Jihadists in sub-region – Akufo-Addo to USA
- Black Stars could’ve won 2010 World Cup – Milovan Rajevac
- Getting D7 in WASSCE should not be a barrier to tertiary education – Education Minister
FDA to establish courts to prosecute sub-standard drug dealers
Michael K Williams died of accidental drug overdose, coroner confirms
Bono East Minister dissatisfied with pace of GETFund projects’ execution
Shipping lines must abide by regulations LI 2190 – Freight Forwarders
International Advertising Association to hold two-day Leadership Conference
Rocky Dawuni calls on artistes to focus on making music, not winning awards
Covid-19: GHS records 3,867 active cases
6 Ghanaian teenagers join Kirk Franklin’s song release
Nana Appiagyei Dankawoso I donates 20k to Kumasi Central Prison
State Gold Refinery to be ready by November this year – Mireku Duker
Joy Entertainment celebrates Tagoe Sisters on October 1
30 teenage mothers in Techiman Municipality return to school
Failure to heed advice, poor process causes of increasing judgment debt – Deputy Attorney General
Police impound unregistered motorbikes at Wenchi
Former Kumasi Mayor, Kojo Bonsu recounts his experience of 1966 coup that ousted Nkrumah