Two government revenue mobilisation institutions – the National Lottery Authority (NLA) and the Ghana Revenue Authority(GRA) – are set to launch the Value Added Tax (VAT) Raffle.
The two institutions constituted a joint working committee for the development of the VAT Raffle Product April last year after signing an MoU.
This is in pursuant to Section 5 of the Revenue Administration Act, 2016(Act 915), aimed at enhancing the revenue mobilization efforts of Government for national socio-economic development.
A statement signed by Razak Kojo Opoku, Head of the Public Relations Unit of the NLA said the VAT Raffle, which is the first of its kind is expected to ensure Voluntary Tax Compliance in all sectors of the Ghanaian economy.
He said it is also aimed at improving the VAT penetration and wholly acceptance in the Country.
The Raffle is also expected to strengthen the provision of digital services, e-commerce and the overall digitalisation agenda of government which feeds into the fast track implementation of the much anticipated cash lite society in the country.
Mr Kojo Opoku said the VAT Raffle is an innovative product which has the capacity to improve tax compliance and revenue mobilisation to support governments development agenda.
The GRA and the NLA have been closely working together on the VAT Raffle since last year April 2019.
- Celebrities, luxury cars flood social media as Kwame Despite sparks reaction with birthday
- New Jersey Councilwoman Eunice Dwumfour shot dead outside home in ‘despicable criminal act’
- I couldn’t attend PRESEC-Legon because our cocoa farm got burnt – Seth Terkper
- There is no biometric record of Victor Kusi Boateng in our database – NIA tells Ablakwa
- West Hills Mall death: Shop manager remanded
- I feel pain after sex with my husband of 9 years, I don’t know how to tell him – Emotionally troubled woman
- Military officers rescue NEDCo staff locked up for disconnecting UDS from power supply
- NIA’s statement affirms issuing Ghana Card in the name of Kwabena Adu Gyamfi – Ablakwa
- Bawku is a complete war zone – Security analyst
- Growing list of companies ordered by GRA to pay back-taxes
- Enimil Ashon: Covid fund audit – NPP must demand a probe
- Mahama Ayariga petitions CHRAJ to probe alleged military killings in Bawku; demands GH¢500k for each victim
- Diana Hamilton reveals why she won’t talk about National Cathedral
- Ayariga petitions CHRAJ over alleged military killings in Bawku demanding ¢3.5m compensation
- Security expert suggests measures to address conflict at Bawku
- 1$ now ¢12.50 as cedi continues good run against dollar
- Man admits treason charge over Queen crossbow threat
- Samsung unveils new Galaxy S23 Series
- Concerned UG Students embark on ‘Ya Br3 Mo’ Demo
- Check out Akufo-Addo’s reaction as Black Sherif performs for him
- We do not have BoG forex rates, what we publish are indicative – 1st Deputy Governor
- Watch Akufo-Addo dance with Zanetor Rawlings
- Ghana Armed Forces deny allegations of killings in Bawku
- ‘I don’t want to think I’m powerful’ – Ameyaw Debrah
- ‘Partey is still a doubt for the Everton game’ – Arsenal boss Mikel Arteta