President John Agyekum Kufuor has created 25 new Districts and three Municipal Assemblies bringing the total number of districts to 166.
A statement signed by Mr Kwadwo Adjei-Darko, Minister of Local Government, Rural Development and Environment said Tema and Cape Coast had also been elevated to Metropolitan Assemblies.
The new Municipal Assemblies Ledzokuku-Krowor, with headquarters at Teshie Nungua; Adenta-Ashaiman (Adenta) and Weija (Mallam).
The District Assemblies are: Shama, Prestea-Huni Valley, Sefwi Akontombra, Gomoa East, Awutu Senya, Upper Denkyira West, Biakoye and Ketu North.
The others are: Nkwanta North, Upper Manya, Birim South, Kwahu East, Offinso North, Atwima-Kwanwoma, Kumawu Afram Plains and Nsuta-Kwamang Beposo.
The rest are: Afigya-Kwabre, Bsome Freho, Sunyani West, Dromaa East, Nkoranza North Chereponi, Kpandai, Lambussie and Kassena Nankana West.
- Election 2020: It is absolutely preposterous to think NDC didn’t collate its results – Afriyie Ankrah
- Headmaster found hanging dead from a tree behind his house in Techiman
- 5 Ghanaians arrested in Dubai for smuggling weed; one jailed for 10 years
- ‘I find myself in a very enviable position’ – Hassan Tampuli on ministerial appointment
- Power providers can’t guarantee consistency with ‘dumsor’ timetable – Energy Analyst
- SSNIT OBS scandal: State sues Ernest Thompson, 4 others again
- Rastafarian case: Achimota School fails to respond to suit, case adjourned to April 30
- Hyundai, KIA to establish assembly plants in Ghana in 2022
- There’s no scientific evidence that Free SHS led to success in WASSCE – Peter Anti
- Kumasi traders call on ECG to extend ‘dumsor’ timetable to Ashanti region
Asantehene calls on Ghanaians to fight against climate change
Weed, snakes, engulf government’s One-District-One-Warehouse facilities
The world marks Earth Day
NDC’s horse was strong, rider was also strong – Ofosu-Ampofo responds to Kunbour
Ghana Poultry Project trains youth in entrepreneurship
SMT Ghana assist construction of School project in Tarkwa
Deputy Lands Minister-designate assures of solutions to La stool lands dispute
Suspending prospecting activities in forest reserves a good step – Ken Ashigbey
Nana Agradaa re-arrested after being granted bail
16 ‘galamsey’ excavators seized at Amenfi West in Western Region
2 sales personnel convicted for stealing
Armed illegal chainsaw operators frustrating forestry officers in Dormaa West District
Protect Ghana’s Covid-19 strides – GHS advises increased adherence to protocols
Court jails labourer 15 years for defilement
Eli Hini appointed as first CEO of MobileMoney Limited