The Bogyawe Palace Akwamufie especially the Akwamuhene, Odeneho Kwafo Akoto II, says it is saddened by the death of Busumuru Kofi Annan, Former UN Secretary-General and a Grandson of the Akwamu Royal Family.
The Palace is joining the people of Ghana to express its deepest sympathy to his wife and children at this time of sorrow.
“We will forever remember his legacy, life and achievements as we pray for his soul to rest in perfect peace,” a statement from the Palace added.
Mr Annan died in his sleep at age 80 on Saturday, August 18, 2018, in Berne, Switzerland.
His death came as a shock to the world, especially when the majority were not aware he was sick.
Superstars around the world took to different platforms to express hearty condolences to the family of the late Annan.
Among them was American actress Angelina Jolie, who described Mr Annan as a man of integrity.
Have your say
More News Headlines
- IHRMP honours Multimedia's HR manager
- Cat climbs into box, accidentally gets posted 700 miles away
- Guardians of Gray Masters Foundation to renovate 'deplorable' Bekwai Infirmary
- Ga East Municipal Assembly seizes developer's equipment
- GII calls for 'resurrection' of double salaries, other cold corruption cases
- Tree planters plant themselves at Commission over unpaid arrears
- 'The higher calling to serve': 18 Liberty Church pastors ordained
- Local Accra restaurant, N8TIVE, turns 1 in style
- Man charged for allegedly shooting, paralysing wife
- Opuni Trial: 'CRIG documents tampered, misfiled'
- Top prison bosses, 42 others promoted by President Akufo-Addo
- Prioritise education, digital connectivity – Lagarde advises gov't
- The five top destinations to visit in 2019 – an insider’s guide
- “World’s prettiest man” has to show ID to prove he’s male
- Newspaper headlines: Tuesday, December 18, 2018