The Bogyawe Palace Akwamufie especially the Akwamuhene, Odeneho Kwafo Akoto II, says it is saddened by the death of Busumuru Kofi Annan, Former UN Secretary-General and a Grandson of the Akwamu Royal Family.
The Palace is joining the people of Ghana to express its deepest sympathy to his wife and children at this time of sorrow.
“We will forever remember his legacy, life and achievements as we pray for his soul to rest in perfect peace,” a statement from the Palace added.
Mr Annan died in his sleep at age 80 on Saturday, August 18, 2018, in Berne, Switzerland.
His death came as a shock to the world, especially when the majority were not aware he was sick.
Superstars around the world took to different platforms to express hearty condolences to the family of the late Annan.
Among them was American actress Angelina Jolie, who described Mr Annan as a man of integrity.
Have your say
More News Headlines
- Photos: Careguide Montessori School marks AU Day
- PDS waives over ¢100m for Krobo Odumase residents
- Photos: Articulated truck tumbles on the Kwame Nkrumah Overhead
- Ghanaian scientist, Prof. Torto awarded Agropolis Louis Malassis Prize
- The Odumase bill that has led to a kill
- Security guard jailed for threatening former minister
- Defence Minister picks Chokosi, Konkomba leaders as microphones for peace mission
- Tumu SHS: Two high-schoolers nabbed for vandalism over seized phones
- Ghana may legalise same-sex marriage in 2039 - Kpebu
- Photos: US Ambassador holds Iftar with interfaith community
- Efficient agriculture surest bet to beating climate change – Experts
- Pictures: Fire ravages furniture shop at Sakaman
- Passport fees to go up
- Darkuman police station gets Church of Pentecost help
- Photo of the week: The contradiction on the wall