Four people, including a middle-aged woman, have been picked up by the Buokrom police over the death of a 37-year-old plantain chips seller.
Naomi Opoku, described by many as a drunkard is believed to have been raped to death after a bout of drinking in a bar at Buokrom Limex Quarry suburb on Saturday, December 30.
Her body was found lying supine in the area the following day.
But preliminary police investigations reveal the body of the deceased was dumped in the street after the act.
The four suspects were arrested on Monday and they are currently assisting the police in their investigations.
Police sources say the deceased went hawking plantain chips in the vicinity but got drunk at the usual drinking spot she frequents.
She was helped into a room in the house that also houses the drinking spot by two siblings living there.
According to reports, the two siblings returned to the room to see the deceased had been raped by one of the arrested suspects and others who are at large.
On the advice of their grandmother, the two siblings dumped the body in the streets when they realized she had passed away few hours after she was raped.
Apparently, Naomi's fiancée, Awudu Bashiru, had reported her disappearance to the police.
Her body was later found the following morning at about 6 am in vicinity lying supine with phlegms oozing from deceased’s nose with her plantain chips in a tray beside her.
According to the police, their checks did not show any marks on the body.
The body has since been deposited at the Komfo Anokye Teaching Hospital awaiting an autopsy.
Have your say
More News Headlines
- Ace Ankomah finds a cause to rant in Takoradi
- SSNIT wants contribution rate reviewed
- Let’s collaborate to run mission schools - Presbyterian University president to govt
- GNPC Foundation secures scholarship for students in rural communities
- Ex-convict sent back to prison for stealing
- Retired army officer criticises presser on Canadian girls’ rescue
- Odumase police investigate alleged lynching of unidentified man
- 94-year-old World War II veteran gets high school diploma
- Spending time in nature boosts health, study finds
- ENA calls for gov’t support for persons living with albinism
- Kidnappers of Canadian women demanded $800k ransom
- Gun-toting primary 3 student released on bail for threatening headmaster
- Gov't to increase research funding for tertiary teachers
- Unemployed jailed 15 years for robbing MoMo merchant
- MPs aid strangers to breach security - Deputy Speaker