Deeper Christian Life Ministry is set to embark on a campaign to tackle immorality especially in tertiary institutions across the country.
Through its Deeper Life Campus Fellowship, the church has launched its annual national campus community congress; dubbed 'Excelsior 2019'.
The congress to be held on July 31 to August 4 at Brofoyedru in the Ashanti region is on the theme for this year's congress is "equipping intellectuals to reach the utmost height".
Speaking at the launch, the National Overseer of Deeper Christian Life Ministry, Pasor Edward Duodo bemoaned the growing practice of occultism, addiction to drugs and alcohol, sexual adventurism and promiscuity on our campuses.
The situation, he stated should become a source of discomfort and must be tackled head-on. Pastor Duodo described as very unfortunate how immorality is on the increase despite the proliferation of churches in the country.
The Deeper Life National Overseer said their focus was to reach to as many people as possible with the Gospel and expressed the hope that this year's event would also be very successful.
Pastor Duodo urged the church not to focus only on the spiritual development of the people but their physical well being as well.
Also, the National Campus Coordinator, Pastor Francis Fosu, bemoaned the increasing rate of "sex for marks on our campuses, the abuse of tramadol among the youth.
"Now is the time for the Church to rise up pray and teach against such issues...there is more work to be done to bring such people to Christ".
For his part, guest of honour, Rev Professor Kwamena Sagoe also urged all to yearn for the spirit of excellence and to fulfill what God has planned for them.
"We should desire for excellence and to fulfill what God has planned for us...excellence is not about the number of cars or vehicles we owe but about fulfilling the purpose and will of God" he indicated.
More News Headlines
- Adom FM editor win Media Personality award at MTN Heroes of Change
- Video: Two street preachers 'fight' in Kumasi
- The Ghana Grand tour: Celebs join UK High Commissioner for final lap
- Science set inventor, 26yrs, wins MTN Heroes of Change Season V
- African youth propose 'workable' solutions to achieving Africa beyond aid
- 7 busted over bus load of Niger-bound Indian hemp
- Communication gap caused widespread teacher anger over allowance – GES
- Photos: Lukula burns in tit-for-tat attacks in Savanna region
- Paris waiter 'shot dead over slow sandwich service'
- ‘We won’t take it!’ - Widespread teacher anger over ¢50 allowance
- 3 houses burnt down in renewed clashes in Savannah Region
- Video: Cronyism, exceptionalism killing local financial institutions - Wereko-Brobby
- New monitoring, evaluation system rolled out for malaria control programme
- Communication Ministry responds to Myjoyonline report on 2017 expenses
- 2 'PDS' imposters arrested for forcefully disconnecting supply