A deadly fire has burnt a 13-year-old boy to death in Kumasi Friday morning.
The blaze trapped Emmanuel Akurugu, who was unable to escape his room, which was made of wood, according to Joy News’ Erastus Asare Donkor.
Almost ten shops were reduced to ashes as onlookers watched helplessly as the inferno destroyed their community in Asafo. Nothing has been salvaged.
Have your say
More News Headlines
- Driver, mate in police officer assault charged
- Council statement on recent disturbances on UEW Campuses in Winneba
- Humanitarian crisis as violence ravages Chereponi, again
- YRE Ghana walks to demand climate change action
- Mum mortified after x-rated video for husband is shared with 2,000 Facebook pals
- Police investigating themselves violates natural justice - CHRI
- Truck veers off Tema motorway into commuters and kills one
- MP backs calls for resignation of UEW Vice Chancellor
- GIMPA School of Technology; partners mentor young girls
- Today's front pages, March 18, 2019
- Growing police-civilian mistrust threat to public tranquillity - BPS
- 1,500 smuggled turtles found alive in abandoned luggage
- God will judge you if you don’t cook well for kids – School feeding caterers told
- Armed Forces get multipurpose hall in Kumasi
- Ghana on track to achieving equity – Cynthia Morrison tells UN