Ghanata Senior High qualified for the National Science and Maths Quiz after a victory over Christian Methodist SHS and Tema Methodist SHS on Wednesday.
The Dodowa-based school had no challenge dominating the game from start to finish, ending the game with a tally of 34.
Accra - And this is where we draw the curtain on the Greater Accra Regional Competition. Congratulations to today's winners! We will come your way tomorrow with the Regional Championship which will feature the regional qualifiers and the seeded schools. Have a good evening!!! pic.twitter.com/A2JOqPMsM0— NSMQ Ghana (@NSMQGhana) 27 March 2019
Christian Methodist SHS placed second with 26 points while Tema Methodist SHS fell behind with 20 points.
In another contest, Ada SHS beat Kaneshie Senior High and Technical School to secure qualification.
— NSMQ Ghana (@NSMQGhana) 27 March 2019
Ada Senior High scored 37 points while Kaneshie fell 16 points behind. Holy Trinity Cathedral SHS tied on 21 points with Kaneshie SHTS.
Accra Girls’ Senior High did not live up to their name as they placed last with 18 points.
In the final qualifier, Ashaiman Senior High edged into the finals after beating favourites, Kinbu Senior high and Technical School by 39 to 35 points.
O'Reilly SHS placed third with 17 points while Kpone SHS who are still chasing a debut at the finals finished behind with 13 points.
Have your say
More News Headlines
- Photos: Down but not out, the traffic lights that direct nobody
- Pepsodent Ghana supports SOS children village 2019 Founder's Day celebration
- Newspaper headlines: Monday, June 24, 2019
- Operation Vanguard arrests 15 Chinese linked to illegal mining
- ICT project for Zanlerigu JHS stalled due to lack of funds
- Woman receives $35 fine for 15 years old seat belt offence
- Ghana to host maiden International Coconut Festival
- Gov't committed to dealing with climate change – Environment ministry
- Boyfriend of 'murdered' teacher, friend arrested in Odumase
- Aluminium Dev't Corp reiterates readiness to engage mining companies
- Go to court to stop Nigerians, others from retail trade - Baako to GUTA
- Police’s ‘unlawful’ arrest of Nigerian lecturer criticised
- Court fines owners of stray cattle GH¢960
- Dog waits one year at police station where owner was arrested
- NCA sues Electronic Communications Tribunal for bias