Ghanata Senior High qualified for the National Science and Maths Quiz after a victory over Christian Methodist SHS and Tema Methodist SHS on Wednesday.
The Dodowa-based school had no challenge dominating the game from start to finish, ending the game with a tally of 34.
Accra - And this is where we draw the curtain on the Greater Accra Regional Competition. Congratulations to today's winners! We will come your way tomorrow with the Regional Championship which will feature the regional qualifiers and the seeded schools. Have a good evening!!! pic.twitter.com/A2JOqPMsM0— NSMQ Ghana (@NSMQGhana) 27 March 2019
Christian Methodist SHS placed second with 26 points while Tema Methodist SHS fell behind with 20 points.
In another contest, Ada SHS beat Kaneshie Senior High and Technical School to secure qualification.
Ada Senior High scored 37 points while Kaneshie fell 16 points behind. Holy Trinity Cathedral SHS tied on 21 points with Kaneshie SHTS.
Accra Girls’ Senior High did not live up to their name as they placed last with 18 points.
In the final qualifier, Ashaiman Senior High edged into the finals after beating favourites, Kinbu Senior high and Technical School by 39 to 35 points.
O'Reilly SHS placed third with 17 points while Kpone SHS who are still chasing a debut at the finals finished behind with 13 points.
Have your say
More News Headlines
- Filipino man has been nailed to a cross every Good Friday for 33 years
- Swedru Municipal guards assault case referred to ADR
- GhanaPostGPS requirement for ID card lands at Appeals court
- Bawumia to partake in Oxford University series of lectures
- UK school principals to visit Accra in May
- The inside story of Aisha Huang: 'I watched her shoot a Ghanaian dead'
- 'Galamsey queen' was not exchanged for $2bn Sinohydro deal – Minister
- Disclaimer: Unauthorized representatives of Multimedia Group Limited
- Ketu North District presents startup kits for disabled
- Jonmoore International Limited partners with UK dental specialists
- Time With Dentsu Aegis Network thought leaders
- Asanko Mining promotes literacy through reading, comprehension competition
- ‘Accra to be cleanest in Africa’: CONIWAS criticises Minister for extending timeline
- From the newsstands today: Thursday, April 25, 2019
- ‘Teachers need retraining to promote quality education’