Nike is delaying the release of its newest Air Max 1 x Cactus Jack sneaker collaboration with Travis Scott following the Astroworld tragedy, the company said in a statement Monday.
“Out of respect for everyone impacted by the tragic events at the Astroworld Festival, we are postponing the launch of the Air Max 1 x Cactus Jack,” the statement stressed.
The Nike x Travis Scott Air Max 270 “Cactus Trails” design was announced last year as a vintage shoe with a worn-out look and a “back-from-the-future” aesthetic.
The newest look, which was supposed to be released on Nike’s SNKRS app, reimagined the shoe in a variety of colors, with reversed swooshes, Nike’s logo.
Ezra Blount, a 9-year-old boy who suffered brain trauma in the crowd surge at the Astroworld Festival, died over the weekend, bringing the death toll to 10.
Scott, who was performing during the crowd surge at Astroworld, has been accused of continuing the concert even though people were getting injured in the crowd, and authorities had announced a mass casualty event. He’s facing multiple lawsuits.
His litigation attorney, Edwin McPherson said, “Travis Scott didn’t know that there was a mass casualty event that was called.”
Scott said in an Instagram story a day after the tragedy that he was “devastated” by what took place.
- I have received calls to stop disconnection exercise – ECG boss
- Bride ‘faints’ briefly as Joe Mettle pops up at her wedding reception
- George Addo Jnr appointed Director of Communications at UK’s Coach Hene Sports Club
- Ato Forson was criminally reckless in ambulance transaction – Attorney General
- My divorce drew me closer to God – New EC member Rev. Akua Ofori Boateng
- Ghana Immigration Service cancels filling of embarkation and disembarkation forms
- We are one people – Bawumia and Mahama laud peaceful enskinment of new Yagbonwura
- Your electricity bill does not have a party colour – ECG MD
- Fitch upgrades Ghana’s rating to ‘CCC’
- IMF bailout to depend on government’s ability to achieve 55% of debt to GDP – Fitch
- Mahama calls for the intensification of stakeholder efforts, engagement on NACAP
- John Mahama recommends Public Funding of Political Parties Bill to regulate political financing
- Ghana Chamber of Mines censures Golden Star attacks, worried over upsurge of violence against mines
- Ex-President Kufuor urges his scholars to exhibit high levels of integrity
- Boris Johnson clashes with MPs over Partygate denials
- U.S. launches 5-year $5 million patnership with NHIA to improve quality of healthcare, digitisation, and access
- Bolt donates to 2 institutions as part of CSR activities
- North Dayi health directorate holds 2022 annual performance review meeting
- Livestream: PM Express discusses EC’s neutrality
- FWSC working on linking salary to productivity – Benjamin Arthur
- ECG doesn’t have means to prove power theft – Lawyer
- Endeavour to build quality homes – GREDA to members
- Poverty is our enemy; peace and development are our objectives -VP Bawumia
- Alan pays for printing of albums for 200,000 delegates
- Joy Prime premieres new telenovela ‘The Rich Also Cry’ on April 3, 2023