Audio By Carbonatix
The Police say it has deployed heavy security to Nkoranza in the Bono East Region following a clash between rampaging youth and its officers, which has led to the death of one more person.
A Police statement issued on Wednesday, May 18, said the situation has been under control to pave the way for economic activities in the town and its adjoining communities.
“We, therefore, wish to assure all law-abiding citizens to go about their socio-economic activities without fear or hindrance, for the Police will do whatever it takes to protect their lives and property,” the Police stated.
In a protest against the alleged killing of one Albert Akwasi Donkor, the youth in the farming community attacked the Nkoranza Municipal Police Headquarters and freed at least six suspects in custody.
A security reinforcement from Techiman could deter the youth from throwing stones and clubs at the officers, after destroying properties, including vehicles, at the Police headquarters.
“Police responded appropriately to the situation, including bringing reinforcement teams from the Regional Headquarters and adjoining regions to restore law and order. Two suspects have so far been arrested in connection with the attacks and are in Police custody.
“All other persons involved in perpetrating this barbaric act are being pursued to face justice,” the statement added.
At least nine persons who sustained gunshot wounds are receiving treatment at St. Theresa’s Catholic Hospital.
According to the Administrator of the Hospital, Rev Father John Bremini, “we have about nine people who have suffered various injuries; some have been sent to the theatre for surgery. The second one is on the table that they are working.”
Giving details on the injuries sustained by the victims, he added, “I was told that one, the bullet penetrated through the stomach and they have to work on the intestines, and the other one was through the legs so had bled for many hours and now at the theatre that they are working on.
“The last one at the Emergency currently, there is a bullet in the chest. He was in a coma, so they have to do resuscitation; that has been done, so we hope that very soon, we have also to take him to the theatre to be operated on as well.”
Below is the full statement by the Police:


Latest Stories
-
GN Savings licence revocation came as a shock – Kwesi Ndoum’s son
20 seconds -
GN Bank was not insolvent before downgrade and licence revocation – Kweku Ndoum
2 minutes -
US tells foreigners seeking green cards: Return to your countries to apply
6 minutes -
Trump says he will not attend son Donald Trump Jr.’s wedding
8 minutes -
Without discipline, Ghana risks a return to IMF – CPS Director warns
20 minutes -
Minority caucus demands immediate laying of BoG accounts before Parliament
24 minutes -
Black Sherif takes victory lap to Telecel Ghana HQ after 27th TGMA sweep
29 minutes -
Build inclusion into core of workplace culture – Telecel Ghana HR Director
35 minutes -
The youth are drowning – Vivies Dance and Theatre Academy sparks national conversation on addiction
39 minutes -
Bank of Ghana revoked GN Savings & Loans licence solely on insolvency grounds, not other alleged breaches — Lawyer for GN reveals
43 minutes -
Justice for Sale: How Ghana’s laws protect the powerful and punish the poor
49 minutes -
I wish some Ghanaians in US would go to school and improve themselves – Ambassador Smith
49 minutes -
2026 World Cup: Ghana’s Ambassador to US dismisses reports that only 3 out of 150 supporters secured visa
51 minutes -
Afoko calls for research-driven strategy to rebuild NPP ahead of 2028 elections
1 hour -
Guinness Ghana Annual Golf Championship set for May 30 at Achimota Golf Club
1 hour