The National Lottery Authority (NLA) is fostering close ties with members of the African Lotteries Association (ALA) in order to improve on its operations in the country to translate into huge revenue generation.
Being the only Anglophone country to have participated in the African Grand Horse Racing Competition held in Marrakech, Morocco, the Director-General of NLA Ghana, Sammy Awuku underscored the significance of such collaborations:
“It is important we collaborate with our colleagues in other jurisdictions to understand how they have been able to sustain and raise revenue in various products of the lottery operations. They have gone ahead of us in sports lottery and we see this as a great opportunity to tap into their expertise”, he revealed.
The 2022 edition of the African Grand Prix was the first Moroccan and African edition of this leading horse racing event.
The organisers said in a press release that during the last edition of this Grand Prix held at the Vincennes racecourse in February 2020, it was decided to organise the next event in Marrakech.
“The African Grand Prix plays a major role in the international influence of the African horse racing industry”, underlined Omar Skalli, Managing Director of SOREC, quoted in the press release, adding that this event, which succeeded in imposing itself on the international calendar, is organised for the first time in Morocco and in Africa; and is for the whole continent and the opportunity to further shine the aura of Africa in the field of games and most especially in horse racing”.
“It is with pride and enthusiasm that we participate in the organisation of this leading event within the African continent and specifically in Morocco. I am delighted with the taking of this decision which is based on a clear vision and which allows further expand the ties of cooperation, solidarity and assistance in Africa, but also to promote attractive and responsible games on the continent”, Dramane Coulibaly, President of the ALA said.
“And to recall the ambition of the African Lotteries Association which is based on values shared by all of its members and which aims to promote international best practices”, he added.
The African Grand Prix event included a day of racing, preceded by a half-day seminar bringing together delegations from African lotteries to discuss various topics related to current events in their profession.
No less than 12 African countries took part in this event, in addition to European representatives.
- M.anifest joins father to celebrate his grandmother’s 98th birthday
- Supreme Court dismisses case against regulation of plant breeders
- Doctor fired for prescribing ice cream and video games to child with sore throat
- I’m sad presidency is at the forefront of doing unconstitutional things – Domelevo on Supreme Court ruling
- SIM card deactivation: Crowds besiege NIA centres for Ghana Card
- Archbishop Agyinasare’s comment can trigger security and peace instability – Security analyst
- Supreme Court ruling comes as a very big birthday present to me – Domelevo
- AngloGold incident: 79 illegal miners out of underground mine
- WAFU B Women’s U20 Cup: Ghana seal final spot with comeback win over Burkina Faso
- It’s better late than never – Domelevo rejoices over Supreme Court ruling against forced leave
- Ghana defender Patric Pfeiffer signs for Augsburg until 2027
- Let’s work together for peace in Bawku – VP Bawumia
- SIM card deactivation: Affected persons throng service centres to secure cards
- How changes in the small-scale mining sector are impacting the environment
- Deputy Finance Minister pleads with Pensioner Bondholders to suspend picketing
- Joy Clean Ghana: Two arrested for breaching sanitation by-laws
- Domelevo’s forced leave: You didn’t listen to good counsel – Prof Gyampo tells Akufo-Addo
- 87 illegal miners who invaded AngloGold Ashanti Obuasi Mine rescued
- The goddess that once walked among us; eulogy to the great Ama Ata Aidoo
- Barker-Vormawor refuses to state his plea as he is slapped with fresh Treason charges
- Answering the call: Traditional rulers and climate action
- Bono GES Directorate to establish ‘sanitary bank’ for deprived school girls
- Your inauguration presents an opportunity to reset Nigerian narrative – Mahama tells Tinubu
- Court remands Director of JC Logistics over an alleged false cheque
- Media Personality Sixtus Dong Ullo runs for Law School Presidency