Audio By Carbonatix
The Government has dispatched drugs for the treatment of the new strain of cerebro-spinal meningitis W135 in the three northern regions.
Health Minister Dr. Benjamin Kumbuor who disclosed this at a meeting with journalists and health workers said the epidemic is being brought under control.
Seventeen of the seventy-nine cases reported so far in the Northern Regions have died, Joy News correspondent Mahama Shaibu reports.
Out of this number, 15 died from the old strain of the virus. Unlike the Upper East and West Regions that are suffering from the new strain, only two people have died from the new strain of the virus in the Northern Region.
There are 12 types of CMS but the Northern Region has been hit by categories A and C, Shaibu said.
Mr Kumbuor said contrary to fears that the disease is spreading fast through the three northern regions, the situation on the ground is not so alarming.
The Northern Region also has 120,000 doses for the treatment of the ordinary CSM but like the two other regions, it has yet to receive drugs for the W135 strain.
Source: Myjoyonline.com/Ghana
DISCLAIMER: The Views, Comments, Opinions, Contributions and Statements made by Readers and Contributors on this platform do not necessarily represent the views or policy of Multimedia Group Limited.
Tags:
DISCLAIMER: The Views, Comments, Opinions, Contributions and Statements made by Readers and Contributors on this platform do not necessarily represent the views or policy of Multimedia Group Limited.
Latest Stories
-
Your voice, your future – Opare Addo opens National Youth Forum 2026
7 minutes -
GRA pushes data-driven tax administration to boost revenue mobilisation
16 minutes -
NSMQ 2026: Presby SHS, Bompata crushes Sacred Heart’s hopes of reaching one-eighth stage
17 minutes -
GTEC trains tertiary officials on new affiliation quality assurance framework
26 minutes -
Luv FM High School Debate: OKESS, OSASS silence K’Wey Gey and KASS in fierce round of 16
26 minutes -
Alcaraz to play US Open after four months out
26 minutes -
Even if all foreigners leave, South Africa’s problems will remain – Dr Yamson blames state failure
41 minutes -
Energy Committee yet to receive July 29 blackout report – Adomako-Mensah
1 hour -
Five in six Ghana health facilities fall short of basic sanitation standard – WHO/UNICEF
1 hour -
Mohammed Fuseini in talks over Troyes move from Union SG
1 hour -
‘Bear with the system’ – Energy Ministry says temporary power control room to be ready by September
2 hours -
Two nationwide blackouts in a space of a month ‘cause for worry’ – Adomako-Mensah
2 hours -
Technical challenges affecting tax payments are being resolved—GRA
2 hours -
Ghana Premier League 2026/27: What to expect from the new season
2 hours -
Academic who accused Jason Arday of plagiarism suspended by university
2 hours