The Norwegian Ambassador to Ghana, Gunnar Andreas Holm paid a courtesy call on the Minister for Communications and Digitalisation, Ursula Owusu-Ekuful on April 16, 2021.
Their discussions centred around the Digital Transformation Centre (DTC) Initiative being implemented by the MoCD in partnership with the ITU and the Norwegian Agency for Development Cooperation (NORAD).
The project aims at supporting four selected countries to develop digital skills in mainly rural communities utilising GIFECs network of Community ICT Centres around the country.
Some 14,000 beneficiaries, including women entrepreneurs, teachers, students, Persons With Disability head porters, school dropouts among others will be trained in 3 years.
He also congratulated her on her appointment and indicated his delight at the tremendous strides made by government in the past 4 years to digitally transform Ghana.
He further pledged his government’s commitment to assist Ghana in her quest to utilise technology to improve service delivery at all levels.
Mrs Owusu-Ekuful thanked him for his visit and reiterated the government’s resolve to accelerate the use of digital technology, applications and services at all levels, protect our digital infrastructure and enhance capacity building and digital skills acquisition for our youth.
She expressed her appreciation for Norway’s support for the DTC project and looked forward to enhanced cooperation between the 2 countries in this area.
Present at the meeting were Mr Kofi Asante, Administrator of GIFEC, Mrs Madeleine Appenteng, Chief Director of MoCD, and officials from the Ministry of Foreign Affairs and MoCD.
- We tried to have children for about 10 years – Ebo Whyte’s wife recounts
- #FixTheCountry: How an IGP meet-up turned into a ‘Cabinet Meeting’, without the IGP – Convenor reveals
- Angry Ghanaian youth take #FixTheCountry protests to social media after court injunction
- #FixTheCountry: Bang your utensils, toot your horns on Sunday – Conveners announce format for virtual protest
- Benjamin Azamati qualifies for Tokyo Olympics 200m event
- Electoral Commission has no beef with NDC – Bossman Asare
- It’ll take time for government to get economy back on track – Kojo Oppong Nkrumah
- Playback: Finance Minister addresses nation amidst #FixTheCountry protest
- Vehicle towing cost to be borne by insurance industry – NIC Commissioner
- Bawumia’s response to #FixTheCountry campaign not a solution to issues raised – Ofosu Kwakye
Greater Accra Regional Chief Imam’s office inaugurates first Advisory Board members
Full text: Ken Ofori-Atta’s media briefing amidst #FixTheCountry protest
Youth and Sports Minister calls for Zero Tolerance for Hooliganism in Sports
Stop illegal construction of speed ramps – Minister warns youth
Lewis Hamilton wins Spanish Grand Prix after late overtake of Max Verstappen
Medeama and Željezničar sign landmark partnership
Otiko Afisah Djaba: Don’t get tired of treating mother’s well
Nestor Kafui Adjomah: Mother’s Day; Where is my tribute?
Free SHS: PTA urges members to support schools amidst challenges
Universal Hospitals Group donates medical consumables to 2 health facilities
Ghana Month Series: Sunyani Traditional Area discounts Krontihene’s narration of historical facts
#FixTheCountry: I’ve always supported the agenda since the beginning of my career – Sarkodie
Chad claims victory over rebels after president’s death
Playback: Finance Minister addresses nation amidst #FixTheCountry protest
South Sudan’s president dissolves Parliament