Ghanaian-American comedian, Michael Blackson has turned down proposals from some of his followers to stand for election as president of Ghana.
In a post on Twitter, he noted that he does not believe it is the right time to do so.
“Ghana I appreciate this but not right now, I don’t even know all the 16 regions of Ghana, lol,” Michael Blackson wrote after sharing a screenshot from a fan.
The comedian added that he officially became an American citizen not long ago, thus would like to enjoy that for a while.
Ghana 🇬🇭 I appreciate this but not right now, I don’t even know all the 16 regions in Ghana lol. pic.twitter.com/NvxWLwhEUH— Michael Blackson (@MichaelBlackson) January 10, 2023
This is because he would have to give up his other citizenship if he intends to stand for any political position in Ghana.
This is not the first time Michael Blackson has been urged to run for President in Ghana.
In 2022, the comedian stated that he would consider running for President in at least 12 years.
According to him, he would contemplate becoming a head of state at that time because he believes the people would need his help.
The recent calls have been linked to the philanthropic work he is doing in Agona Nsaba where he was raised.
He commissioned his much-talked-about academy at Agona Nsaba in the Central Region of Ghana on January 4.
The Michael Blackson Academy is a three-storey complex which has lots of classrooms and other amenities to enhance teaching and learning.
The school began its operations earlier this week.
- Patients in danger as nurses head for NHS in UK – medics
- NDC punches holes into Supreme Court’s full judgement on Gyakye Quayson
- Kwabena Donkor hits back at World Bank Country Director over his claims on PPAs signed under NDC
- Supreme Court’s reasoning for kicking Gyakye Quayson out of Parliament strange – Sammy Gyamfi
- We won’t withhold our approval of Chief Justice nominee – Minority backs Gertrude Torkornoo
- Assin North By-election: Who has the edge – An analysis
- Our decision on Justice Torkonoo will be known after we peruse full judgement on Gyakye Quayson – Agbodza
- Disregard reported increase in HIV cases in Ho – Ghana Health Service
- Ahafo Police begin investigation into mysterious death of NPP polling station chairman
- Chris Hughton calls up Ransford-Yeboah Königsdörffer to replace injured Inaki Williams
- Agric Ministry confirms one case of Anthrax in Upper East region
- Saglemi Housing trial: Court orders former Chief Director to appear for plea to be taken
- UK-based Ghanaian youngster Tyrell Agyemang joins Middlesbrough from Manchester City
- Work as a technocrat, don’t meddle in local politics – John Jinapor tells World Bank Country rep
- Sudan conflict: Army accused of killing Congolese in campus bombing
- JAE5 teams up with Lojay, Libianca for ‘I Wish’
- Denmark has not abandoned Ghana – Ambassador
- Midwife delivers baby in speeding commercial vehicle
- Streaming service to detect and delete ‘deepfake’ AI songs
- Northern Region remains safe, open for oil & gas business – REGSEC assures GNPC
- If you have God, you have everything, you lose God and lose everything –Justice Jones Dotse
- 2023 World Milk Day: Cowbell organises another nutrition assessment program with 37 Military Hospital
- School Feeding Programme: Caterers propose increment of ¢3.50 per child
- World Bank’s claim on PPAs signed under Mahama makes him Ghana’s worst president – Owusu Bempah
- Gold purchasing by PMMC lacks transparency – Dr. Manteaw